The lychee cake recipe is an international recipe that has become popular in the last few years. Lychee is a fruit commonly found in Southeast Asia, and this cake recipe is popular because of its taste and health benefits.
It can be easily made and served on any occasion. This cake is as delicious to eat as beautiful to look at. It is also known as lychee chiffon cake.
The lychee cake recipe is also great as it can be made with various kinds of fruits such as pineapple, mango, strawberries, and many more.
The soft texture and easy preparation make the lychee cake recipe a hit amongst all age groups.
How To Make A Lychee Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8 people
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 ½ tablespoons lychee syrup (from canned lychees)
- ½ teaspoon rose water
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained and halved canned lychees, divided
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃). Grease a 12-cup nonstick roasting pan with oil.
Step 2: In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix half the lychee juice, yolk, and rose water until well incorporated.
Step 3: Sift together flour with remaining lychees juice and finely chopped lychees. Add this mixture to the prepared cake batter, stirring until smooth.
Step 4: Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 – 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cool slightly before removing the cake from the pan.
This lychee cake recipe presents a soft texture cake that is easy to make and is great as an after meal dessert and an alternative to birthday cakes (smaller versions).
The ingredients and the utensils used in making a lychee cake recipe are conventional kitchen utensils and ingredients.
Preparing a lychee cake recipe requires an electric mixer that is common to most houses.
Preparation is easy, but the baking time of this lychee cake recipe needs to be watched as one needs to obtain a soft texture and avoid overcooking.
Nutrition Facts Of Lychee Cake Recipe
How To Serve This Lychee Cake Recipe?
This lychee cake recipe is usually served as a dessert for most occasions or a snack for parties. It can also be presented in small sizes as cupcakes or a birthday cake (birthdays of people with allergies).
The lychee cake recipe can also be eaten without any accompaniment. It can be eaten as breakfast or as a dessert. Cupcakes can be appetizers for special occasions such as birthdays, holidays, and general parties.
The lychee cake is not just any other cake recipe, but it is a simple recipe that requires less time to prepare than the other cakes, and it also presents a soft texture cake that can be served all year round.
You may also like the lychee mousse recipe or the lychee halwa recipe, or other lychee recipes.
Health Benefits Of Lychee Cake Recipe
Here are The Best 5 health benefits of the Lychee cake recipe:
1. Lychee is a fruit that is rich in nutrition. It has many vitamins and minerals such as folate, vitamin A, B1, B2, C, and E, calcium, phosphorus, and iron.
Lychees also have a high level of antioxidants that help the body fight against free radicals and prevent them from damaging cells in the skin.
2. Lychee fruit also contains quercetin which can be converted into vitamin C. This property helps fight against the common colds and coughs. It also helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
3. The lychee fruit also contains high levels of anti-inflammatory compounds that help reduce pain and prevent heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
Lychees are a delicious fruit that people of all ages can eat. It is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and it also has other health benefits (diuresis, expectorant, antibacterial, antioxidant).
4. Lychee is a great source of vitamins and nutrients. It contains many important nutrients, such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and potassium.
It also has a high level of fiber and proteins. People who have the lychee fruit in their diet consume less saturated fat than those who do not have it.
5. Lychees are rich in antioxidants. They are full of antioxidants called polyphenols. These antioxidants help with many diseases and conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and healthy skin.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, lychees can be frozen for a long period. To freeze the lychee fruit, follow these steps:
1. Choose ripe but unripe fruit (about 40-50% plumpness).
2. Place the fruit in freezer bags and keep it in the freezer until needed.
3. Once used, defrost and serve with some whipped cream or other dessert toppings.
4. Be sure to squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the fruit before freezing so that it does not make the frozen dessert watery.
5. Add some sugar and alcohol (like vodka) to the defrosted, frozen fruit to help preserve it and make a better, tastier dessert.
6. Lychees freeze great in syrups and cocktails, too. Remember that they lose flavor when frozen solid (without adding sugar/alcohol).
Is It Good for Everybody?
Yes, this lychee cake recipe is good for most people. There are no ingredients in the cake that can be harmful to the body.
However, before ingesting this cake, please be careful with children or people allergic to nuts and eggs.
Pregnant women should check with their doctors before consuming desserts containing lychees.
Lychee cakes recipes are easy to make, and they make a great dessert for any occasion. When you want a soft, yummy cake that is easy to make and tastes great, this recipe is a winner!
Lychees are a great dessert ingredient. Try this lychee cake recipe to make a delicious and healthy dessert for you.
If you have other ideas on using lychees, feel free to comment below. You can also comment on the original blog post where I wrote this recipe: Lychee Cake Recipe. I will try to answer your question.