I’m sure you’ve seen the Longhorn Sangria Recipe all over the internet. It’s a fruity, bubbly drink made of red wine and fruit traditionally served during hot summer months.
If you’re looking to add something new to your repertoire, consider adding a new twist on this classic! Here’s a recipe for Longhorn Sangria Recipe!
How to make Longhorn Sangria Recipe
- 1 750 ml bottle red wine (or one large jug of mixed red wines like the kind you get at the grocery store)
- 1-gallon Sprite or ginger ale, chilled
- 3 cups orange juice, chilled
- 2 lemons, sliced in half, and juiced through a strainer
- 1 lime, cut in half, and liquid through a strainer
- 2 oranges, sliced into thin rounds (use only the orange part of the round)
1. Pour wine into the punch bowl.
2. Add chilled ginger ale and juices. Stir to mix well.
3. Slice fruit and add to punch bowl (no need to peel).
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours overnight.
5. Serve cold in punch cups or glasses.
Nutrition facts of Longhorn Sangria Recipe
The Health benefits of Longhorn Sangria Recipe
Looking at the ingredients of Longhorn Sangria Recipe, it’s got a lot of benefits. Red wine is a great detoxifier and might help purify your blood, especially if you drink a lot.
When you mix red wine with other fruits and add flavors like lime and ginger ale, it becomes a fantastic drink with many health benefits. It’s been around for years in Spain and France.
Easy 6 Freezing Ideas of Longhorn Sangria Recipe
1. If you have a couple of bottles of Longhorn Sangria Recipe in your freezer, you can make a batch of sangria and use it to add flavor to your favorite frozen treats. Anticipate the benefits of this drink and enjoy!
2. If you want to try adding more flavors to the punch bowl (instead of using just red wine), try adding some fruit juice, like mango or pineapple. Just make sure that the liquid is cold and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
3. Another way to change the drink is by adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations, but keep in mind that you don’t want too much spice because this can ruin the original flavor.
4. If you want to make this drink a little different, try adding lime juice or orange juice. Just add a little of the fluids until you get the flavor you like. The best way to do this is by tasting it and adding more as needed.
5. If you want to make the drink sweeter, add some syrup or sugar and stir it with a spoon until everything is mixed in well. Remember that honey makes a great substitute if you don’t have sugar at home!
6. If you want to make this a little more of a traditional drink, use actual cubes of orange or pineapple. Just puree them in your blender and add them to the punch bowl.
Where can you buy it?
You can buy Longhorn Sangria Recipe at Walmart, Target, and even Kroger stores. The orange juice is usually in a large jug at grocery stores, but the red wine is not always available.
You can find it at different grocery stores, but always make sure to get the best quality you can afford. You can also make your own by following other recipes and finding common ingredients that go with it.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, you can freeze it. You have to make sure that it’s wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen in a baggy. If the bottle is a larger one,
you can place the baggie in a large freezer bag and then ice some extra packs inside the original baggy. It will save space!
Can I make it with other flavors?
Yes, you can. To create your taste, you can add different flavors such as limes or even lemonade.
How to eat?
This is a great drink to share with friends and family. Just prepare the sangria and place it in a bucket or bowl for everyone to enjoy! You’ll have the energy to party all night if you keep drinking this!
If you love cooking, eating, or want to try out a new drink to help your health, this is definitely for you. You can even eat it as a snack during the day and get more energy.