Little Debbie cakes recipe is a delicious dessert cake that is great for any occasion. No matter if you are going to put it in the oven, use a muffin tin or just bake up some cupcakes, this cake will be the party’s hit.
The recipe and instructions on making these cakes are fairly simple and easy to follow and taste great with a cream-filled center.
It is best served chilled but can be enjoyed warmly by adding frosting between layers or cooking it longer in the oven.
There are many different variations of these cakes, and they all taste great. The only limits to this cake are the imagination of the baker and the ingredients available.
Little Debbie cakes recipe is a recipe that has been designed to be baked in a 9-inch round pan, but if you want to make them smaller, whether as cupcakes or muffins, it is possible. Whatever size you decide to bake this cake will determine how many you will get from one cake mix.
How To Make Little Debbie Cakes Recipe?
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Baking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3. Mix well until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is an even golden brown color.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before adding the topping.
6. Add Cool Whip or Homemade whipped cream between layers and on each cake layer individually, then add whatever other toppings you prefer (We used fresh strawberries).
7. Chill cake and enjoy!
8. Store leftovers in the fridge and eat within a few days.
Nutrition Fact Of Little Debbie Cakes Recipe
|Calories From Fat||45|
|Calories From Carbohydrates||63|
|Total Fat||5g (7%)|
Health Benefits Of Little Debbie Cakes Recipe
1. It can be used as a hostess gift
2. 12 cupcakes and 1 layer per box
3. Low cost, set your budget
4. It is a very versatile recipe
5. It can be served in many ways: individually, in party trays, on top of fruit and salads, etc.
6. Little Debbie cake mixes are available at most grocery stores and Walmart
7. It is not only great for a party; it can be enjoyed as a delicious dessert.
5 Interesting Servings Ideas For Little Debbie Cakes Recipe
1. Little Debbie cake for birthday parties
2. Make Cupcakes with a special cupcake topper or a specific topping that compliments the cake
3. You can add whatever toppings you like (fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple chunks, raspberries, fresh blueberries, fresh tangerines, etc.) to make it more flavorful and colorful.
4. You can put it in a 9 x 13 pan and make mini cakes.
5. The possibilities and ideas are endless, so have fun with this recipe.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze the leftovers, and they will be just as delicious when you want to eat them.
Is It Low Calorie?
Yes. It is low in calories and fat because it has no oil in it and because of the reduced amount of sugar that it contains.
Is Little Debbie Cakes Recipe Safe To Be Used By Diabetics?
Yes. This cake can be used by people with diabetes as long as they have a monitoring device to make sure they are not exceeding their daily calorie intake limit.
Is Little Debbie Cakes Recipe Safe For Pregnant Women?
No. You should not use this recipe if you are a pregnant woman or breastfeeding a baby.
Is Little Debbie Cakes Recipe Good For Kids?
Yes. This cake is great for kids because of the simple and easy-to-follow directions and because they will love to help make it and then get to eat it! (Kids love to create things with their hands so let them have fun making these cakes.
You can let them enjoy themselves by adding sprinkles, nuts, chocolate chips, etc., that they find in the kitchen).
Is It Good For Lunch?
No. This cake is best eaten at parties or as a dessert, and it may not be good for lunch because of the amount of sugar and fat it contains.
Is It Kosher?
Yes. This recipe is Kosher, so it can be used by the Jewish community when serving a meal or making food for the Sabbath.
How Is It Best Stored?
It should be stored in a refrigerator and eaten within a few days of preparation.
Can It Be Kept At Room Temperature?
Yes. It can be kept in a room temperature environment, but you should refrigerate it if you want to use it within 2 weeks.
Can I Make Little Debbie Cakes Recipe Without The Pudding Mix?
Yes. You can prepare this cake without the pudding mix, but the end product will not have the creamy texture and consistency that some people like when it is served.
Can I Make Little Debbie Cakes Recipe If I Don’t Have A Mixer?
Yes. You can make this cake if you don’t have a mixer, but you will need to add a couple of minutes to the baking time, as stirring the batter by hand allows the flour to absorb the moisture from the wet ingredients.
Little Debbie cakes recipe is a simple and delicious recipe that children can enjoy, adults, and even people with special diets. It is a versatile recipe that can be used as an ingredient in many other recipes or baked as an individual cake.
I hope you liked this recipe, I know it was very hard to choose just one type of frosting, but whipped cream is the best choice.
If you liked this little Debbie cakes recipe review, please share it with your friends on social media.