Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada. A one-and-done dessert that you can whip up for your family and friends. Packed with lemon and orange flavors, this cake will satisfy every sweet tooth.
This recipe offers a fun twist on the classic Lemon Meringue Pie. The cake is not too sweet, and the icing is light, giving you a refreshing dessert that’s perfect for summertime.
How to make Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter grated and cooled slightly, and cut into 8 pieces (one stick)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided use.
- 3 large eggs at room temperature. (For best results in this recipe, eggs must be at room temperature.)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest.
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch round, 2-inch deep cake pan. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and 3 tablespoons sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy and light, about 2-3 minutes. At low speed, add the eggs, one at a time. Beat until just incorporated.
4. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture in two additions; continue mixing until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
5. Stir in lemon zest by hand and set aside.
6. In another bowl, beat 1 cup of icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice on low speed until combined. Beat in the limoncello. Increase speed to medium-high and beat the mixture until soft peaks form about 5 minutes.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top evenly with half of the lemon syrup.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (the cake will rise slightly).
9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
10. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and invert onto the wire rack to finish cooling.
11. Top with the remaining icing, spread evenly with an offset spatula, and serve immediately or at room temperature.
Health Benefits of Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada
Limoncello is a very popular liqueur in Italy. Made from lemon zest, sugar, alcohol, and water, limoncello adds irresistible citrus and herbal flavor to cakes, desserts, ice cream, and savory dishes like sauces or meat dishes.
Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is a decadent cake recipe perfect for a summertime dessert. It’s not too sweet and offers a light, refreshing taste.
Is It Healthy?
If you are going to make it, take just a little piece or slice so that you can enjoy the cake without guilt. It’s loaded with lemon zest and juice; too much will give a bitter aftertaste.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
Yes, it is. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is low in the glycemic index, which means that it won’t spike your blood sugar levels.
However, suppose you have diabetes, have diabetes-related conditions, are sensitive to sugar, or are on any medication that affects blood sugar levels. In that case, you may want to keep this recipe to yourself.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Caution is advised as limoncello tastes a bit too sweet for pregnant women. You should talk to your doctor about this if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before making it.
Where To Buy Limoncello?
If you want to make Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada, you must find limoncello and lemon zest. While many grocery stores carry this popular Italian liqueur, it can be hard to find.
Limoncello is also called Citrus Limon. You can also purchase limoncello at specialty liquor stores or online at Amazon.com and other major cities.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Although limoncello is a liqueur, it has been very popular in Italy for centuries. It’s full of vitamin C, which is good for heart health. Limoncello contains less sugar than many other liqueurs and has a sweeter taste.
How Frequently Should I Drink Limoncello?
If you want to drink limoncello, stick with orange or lemon juice as your mixer. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada has lemon juice, too, but more of it. Limoncello is a treat that shouldn’t be taken in excess as it has a lot of sugar and calories.
Top 5 Best Healthy Nutrition of Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada
1. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is great for a heart-healthy dessert.
2. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is a good option for those who want to lose weight.
3. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is gluten-free and low in calories.
4. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada can be easily made in smaller portions so that you can have it often without feeling guilty about overindulging and being overweight with the high sugar content.
5. Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is a low GI dessert that’s also a good source of vitamins C and B.
The Bottom Line
Limoncello Cake Recipe Giada is a simple dessert recipe that tastes great and is fun to make.
How about you? What’s your favorite Limoncello cake recipe? How do you make it? Let us know in the comments section below!
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on our links. This compensation enables us to continue to bring you awesome content. Thank you!