The Lemon lavender cake recipe is a delicious and easy make-ahead cake recipe with a delicate lemon lavender flavor. It is made from simple ingredients and can be customized to your taste.
The sugar, butter, and eggs make this cake flavorful, moist, and light. The Lemon lavender cake recipe can be served as dessert or as a breakfast dish by adding blueberries or berries to the batter before baking for an extra sweet flavor.
How To Make Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking Time: 45 mins
Additional: 1 hr 10 mins
- ⅓ cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- ½ tablespoon and ½ teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 3 ⅓ eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 ⅓ cups cake flour
- ⅘ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 10-inch springform cake pan by greasing well.
Step 2: Add lavender buds, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon of milk, and mix well to form a paste. Set aside.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, add lemon juice and zest. Beat with an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar and beat until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, butter, remaining milk, and lavender paste. Beat until well blended. Add flour and baking powder and beat well until the batter is smooth (approximately 2 minutes).
Step 4: Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Allow cake to cool in pan for 30 minutes. Run a knife to loosen the edges of the cake from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
Step 5: Remove sides of springform pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Sharing is caring!
Nutrition Facts Of Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
|total fat||24 g|
|saturated fat||13 g|
Serving Suggestions For Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
1. Serve the lemon lavender cake as a dessert or breakfast dish topped with blueberries or berries.
2. You can also enjoy this yummy snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
3. For a more delicious taste, add 2 drops of lavender oil in the lemon juice before adding it to the batter.
4. Add 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries or blackberries to the cake batter for extra flavor and a good texture.
5. The texture, taste, and aroma of the cake changes when stored in the refrigerator, so if you don’t want to refrigerate it, make sure you let it sit at room temperature before serving or storing it in airtight containers and freezing them.
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
1. Lavender is commonly known to cure wounds and infections. It helps in healing any bruises and cuts.
2. Highly recommended for controlling blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
3. Lavender, when ingested, induces sleep by relaxing the nervous system.
4. Lemon lavender cake recipe is a delicious and easy make-ahead cake recipe with a delicate lemon lavender flavor. It is made from simple ingredients and can be customized to your taste.
5. Lemon lavender cake recipe can be served as dessert or as a breakfast dish by adding blueberries or berries to the batter before baking for an extra sweet flavor.
6. Lemon lavender cake recipe can be stored for up to 5 days in a refrigerator.
7. Fresh lemon juice imparts an aroma to the cake, making it more appetizing and fresh-tasting.
How To Store Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe?
1. You can refrigerate the cake for up to 5 days.
2. Before serving, you can remove it from the pan and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
3. To freeze the cake, thaw completely and leave it on a rack overnight before placing it in a freezer-safe container with a lid.
Healthy Tips For Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
1. To make the cake batter, the butter should be cooled and not warm. It will make the cake texture fluffy and soft.
2. When making the cake, the batter should be smooth and not lumpy.
3. If a cake is too dry or crumbly, 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk can be added to make the cake softer and moist.
4. To make the cake more fragrant, add 2 drops of lavender oil in lemon juice before adding it to the batter.
5. To store the lemon lavender cake recipe, wrap it in a plastic sheet and keep it in a refrigerator.
6. When storing cake, wrap the sides of the pan first with plastic wrap before covering it with parchment paper or foil paper. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the sides of the pan while cooling after baking.
How Do You Use Lavender In A Cake?
1. You can use dried lavender buds or lavender oil in the cake batter to add lavender flavor.
2. Fresh lemon juice also gives a distinct but pleasant taste.
3. To avoid the bitterness of lavender, beat the batter well before adding it to the cake mixture.
4. If you want to store leftover cake, make sure you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and not the freezer so that it remains fresh for a longer time.
5. You can add lavender blossoms or flowers to the batter to make it even more fragrant and smell enticing.
6. If you want to make a lemon lavender cake recipe in a round form instead of a rectangular one, use a 10-inch diameter springform pan for cheesecakes.
What Does Lavender Cake Taste Like?
The Lemon lavender cake recipe tastes soft, light, and delicate and has a unique, mild, and fragrant aroma. When you bite into it, one will notice the smooth texture of the cake followed by a strong lemony taste with a hint of lavender.
It is sweet with a great balance of flavors such as lemon and lavender, making it one of the most popular cakes in the Muslim community and across all communities.
Is It Good For Everybody?
Lemon lavender cake is a calorie-free and diabetic-friendly cake. It is made from simple ingredients, providing all the nutrients you need. As per Muslim dietary rules, it does not contain high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, and flavors and gluten.
The Lemon lavender cake recipe is rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels. It also contains vitamin C, iron, and calcium, reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and arthritis.
The delicious, aromatic, and refreshing lemon lavender cake recipe is 100% healthy and tasteful. It is best to serve it fresh and straight away after baking.
The Lemon lavender cake recipe has a simple preparation method and does not require much effort.