The Legal seafood crab cake recipe is made out of cold crab, bread crumbs, onions, eggs, and seasonings mixed and then fried.
This dish is served with lemon. It’s most often eaten as an appetizer at coastal restaurants in the United States.
This recipe has different variations, including adding cayenne pepper or Old Bay Seasoning. This can make the dish spicy or more flavorful.
It’s also used as an ingredient with other dishes. The Legal seafood crab cake recipe is most often made for parties or events. This recipe can be found in some cookbooks and cookbooks written by respected chefs.
The Legal seafood crab cake recipe was originally made by the Native Americans who lived in North America. It is now a popular food dish known as an illegal seafood crab cake recipe since many people like it and finds it delicious.
How To Make Legal Seafood Crab Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. of crab meat
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup fine crushed saltine cracker
- 1 dash tabasco
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (optional)
- 4 white onions, thinly sliced
Step-1. Mix the crab meat, onion, eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Step-2. Add in the saltine cracker and then the green onion and parsley.
Step-3. Place the mixture into a food processor until it becomes moist and sticky, with a fork or pastry cutter being used to break it up while in the food processor. Do not overmix it, or else it will become mushy.
Step-4. Fry the mixture into small patties that are about an inch thick.
Step-5. Add 1 slice of white onion to the top of each patty to prevent it from curling up. Make sure that this will be done before the patty is completely cold.
Step-6. Place cooking oil in a skillet and then add in the patties very carefully when the oil is hot enough, about 350 degrees.
Step-7. Fry until the edges are brown and crispy, then remove from heat.
Step-8. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Of Legal Seafood Crab Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Calories From Fat||109|
|Total fat||13 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Legal Seafood Crab Cake Recipe
1. This recipe is also gluten-free, making it safe for gluten intolerant.
2. It’s good for your health because it has fiber and protein in it. Plus, it is low-calorie.
3. For those on a diet, this recipe can be a good substitute for the traditional crab cake recipe since they are the same ingredients but at a lower fat and calorie level.
4. The diet that this recipe promotes is low in saturated fats and cholesterol.
5. This recipe is also rich in monounsaturated fats, which help to promote the growth of new cells within the body.
6. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals that are good for your health and well-being, including vitamin B12, folic acid, and zinc which helps to strengthen your immune system, as well as others like vitamin E, magnesium, and omega 3 fatty acids which help to prevent heart disease.
7. It also has a high level of selenium which lowers the risk of developing cancer.
8. This recipe is also good for your eyes since it helps to improve your night vision and prevents macular degeneration, among other vision-related conditions.
9. It also helps to increase your energy levels to perform better during physical activities and play sports more actively.
10. It is also a good alternative to eating too much junk and low-fat food because it is low in saturated fats and cholesterol.
How To Serve Legal Seafood Crab Cake Recipe?
1. This can be served as an appetizer at a party or just by itself.
2. It can be served with lemon wedges and other salad ingredients, such as lettuce, onion, tomato, and grated cheese, to make a sandwich.
3. This can also be served with other seafood dishes like crab legs or butterfish fillets.
Is It Safe For Children?
This recipe is not suitable for children because of the amount of ingredients and fat it contains, high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Children should also be supervised by adults when tasting this recipe and any other product that has a small portion.
However, the food can be eaten in small quantities.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
Yes, it is. It is low in cholesterol and saturated fat, making it good for anyone who suffers from heart disease or high blood pressure.
It also contains a lot of fiber that helps lower your blood cholesterol levels and sugar levels, making it an alternative to junk food that contains sugar or too much sugar for a person with diabetes. It has protein which helps to build muscles and tissues inside the body.
Is it safe?
Yes, it is safe. The ingredients used in this recipe are real and not just some form of imitation seafood ingredients.
It is also made from real crab meat that is low in fat and cholesterol and low-fat breadcrumbs.
How To Store It?
1. This can be stored in the refrigerator, and it should have a good shelf life of 3 days after being cooked.
2. It also can be frozen and kept for up to 2 months without any health problems.
3. This recipe is cooked and not eaten raw, so there will not be any harmful bacteria in the recipe that will make you sick when you eat it.
Do not store the crab cakes in contact with any oil since this may make them soggy or oily.
This recipe is the best one to make if you love crab because it has legal seafood! You can also use any other form of crab that you prefer to make this recipe or even add some cheese into the recipe if you want to. This is a great alternative for those who do not eat meat or are on a diet.
However, consuming this in small portions daily is not becoming a habit. This can be eaten by itself for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.