Leek Curry Recipe is the latest recipe to sweep the internet, and for a good reason. This dish is the perfect combination of flavors and textures, making it tasty and interesting. What makes this recipe even more delicious is that it’s vegetarian.
This dish requires minimal prep work but offers plenty of flavor with its special ingredients. The leeks, onions, ginger, garlic, cilantro leaves, garam masala spices, and tomato sauce mix give you a wonderfully seasoned base from which to build.
What Is Leek Curry Recipe?
Leek Curry is a vegetable curry with green leeks, onions, and bell peppers. To prepare this delicious curry dish, you must cut the leeks and onions into thin slices. The bell pepper is also cut into thin slices, and you need to fry them in oil until they are tender.
The next step is adding ginger, garlic, tomatoes, and garam masala spices to the fried vegetables. Add a cup of water or stock and cook the curry for a few minutes until it becomes thick.
How To Make Leek Curry Recipe?
Then, you need to add spices, tomato paste, and salt. The final step requires adding the green leeks and onion slices to the curry with a close cover. Let it cook for a few minutes on a medium flame. Serve it hot with roti, naan, or rice.
- Leek – 1cup (cut into thin strips)
- Onion – 1cup (cut into thin strips)
- Bell pepper- 1/2 cup(wash & cut into thin strips)
- Ginger -1 inch piece
- Garlic -6 cloves (crushed)
- Tomato sauce – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the seasoning
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder –1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 pinch of Red chili.
- Water as required
How to make leek curry
1. Take a pressure cooker or a pan, add oil and fry the bell pepper and leek slices until they become soft. Add ginger, garlic, and tomatoes and mash them with your hands.
2. Add salt, garam masala, chili powder, and mix well. Let it cook on a medium flame under a lid for 3-4 minutes. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook another 2 minutes on medium heat till they become soft.
3. Pour in water or stock, and mix well. Next, add the tomato paste and curry leaves and stir it.
4. Finally, add half to the pressure cooker and wait till it whistles. Then close the lid on your pressure cooker and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame.
6. Serve curry with roti, naan, or rice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Leek Curry Recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||2.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||32.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 .8 g|
|Sugar||10 .9 g|
|Protein||5 .7 g|
10 serving Ideas for Leek Curry Recipe
1. You can serve this curry with rice, roti, or any flatbread of your choice.
2. You can enjoy it as is, without any accompaniment.
3. If you have leftovers, you can serve them over rice for lunch or add them to quiches and stews for added flavor and nutrition.
4. You can prepare lassie (yogurt soup) with the leftovers of leek curry by adding yogurt and cucumber.
5. You can use this leek curry in the following recipes.
6. You can prepare chilled leek curry by placing it in the freezer for 1 hour. Then let it sit at room temperature and serve with roti, naan, or sesame seeds.
7. You can make a salad with salad greens, chopped cucumber, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice to taste and drizzle some of the leeks curry dressing you’ve made previously over it.
8. You can prepare a fruit salad by topping the fruit with dressing and allowing it to sit at room temperature.
9. You can add leek curry to bread as bun burgers or patties.
10. Stir-Fry can be created using the fresh or frozen vegetables of your choice with egg or tofu and served over rice, roti, or naan in flatbread form, without needing oil.
Safe For Kids?
Yes, because the main ingredients are bell pepper, leek, and ginger. Another reason for its safety is that it’s made in a pressure cooker. This way, you can prevent the bacteria on vegetables from being transferred to your body when you eat them.
What Are The Benefits of Leek Curry Recipe?
Garlic and ginger are both warm, savory, and spicy. They stimulate the appetite, aid in digestion, and help cure colds. Garlic is known to cleanse the blood and remove toxins from the body.
It treats high cholesterol levels, cardiovascular system disorders, blood circulation problems, and chest pain. It can help treat anemia, diabetes, diarrhea, and high blood pressure.
If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can fry the bell pepper, leek, and onion slices in a bit of oil. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes. You can then add the ginger and garlic, mash them with your hands and add it to the list with the tomato paste.
Close everything well with a lid and allow it to cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Then pour in water or stock and let it cook on low heat until the curry is thickened up.
You can serve your delicious leek curry on a plate or bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves. You can also add lemon juice, boiled rice, and salad on the side. Add butter to the rice and enjoy your leek curry recipe!