Laos Curry Recipe is a simple dish that perfectly balances the five flavors – spicy, sour, sweet, bitter, and salty. It’s also vegan-friendly, which means it’s not just healthy but environmentally sustainable.
The great thing about Laos Curry Recipe is that it takes little time to make! All you need are 15 minutes and a few simple ingredients to start up the stove and put together this easy dish.
What does it take to make Laos Curry Recipe?
- 250 grams (1 pound) of white rice
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 8 dried chili peppers, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, stems removed, and seeds discarded
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cm (½ inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 3 teaspoons palm sugar powder (I used brown sugar) plus ¼ teaspoon salt to taste
Step 1. Marinate the meat
- Heat up cooking oil in a pan and add the shallots and garlic. Cook them over high heat until they become fragrant
- Add in the chili peppers, ginger, and coriander leaves and stir for a minute
- Add in ground pork and sauté until the pork is lightly browned, about 5 minutes
Add the rice noodles (also known as rice stick noodles), stir, and then add the meat. Mix the meat into the rice, seasoning with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Finish off by adding ¼ teaspoon of palm sugar powder and mixing it thoroughly with the pan contents. Pour into a bowl and serve immediately!
What Is Laos Curry Recipe?
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 portion
Nutrition Fact Of Laos Curry Recipe
|Daily Fiber||10 g|
6 Health Benefits Of Laos Curry Recipe
1. Treats stomach aches and features digestion: Ginger is a natural antiemetic that can help treat stomach problems such as stomach aches, vomiting, nausea, and motion sickness. It is also beneficial for relieving intestinal gas and improving digestion.
2. Prevents cancer and infections: Tomato contains an antioxidant called lycopene that has been shown to prevent various cancers, such as prostate, colon, rectum, and breast cancer. It also helps boost the immune system by protecting the body from infectious diseases.
3. Protects heart health and prevents cardiovascular disease: Curry contains a phytonutrient known as curcumin which has many beneficial properties for human health. Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic compound. It improves circulation, reduces blood pressure levels, prevents accumulation of cholesterol and plaque in the arteries, and prevents blood clots.
4. Prevents asthma and allergies: Garlic is rich in sulfur compounds linked to the prevention or treatment of several respiratory disorders such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, flu symptoms, hay fever, and the common cold.
5. Beneficial for stroke: Ginger is known to prevent stroke. An article published in the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” in 2011 showed that ginger relieves the effects of ischemia and reperfusion damage in the brain after a stroke.
6. Promotes healthy skin: Ginger helps boost immunity and protects against inflammation, infection, and allergies. It is also an anti-acne and an anti-aging natural skin toner.
Safe For Kids?
NO. This recipe contains deep-fried ground pork, which has higher cholesterol levels than other types of meat.
How To Store?
Eating the dish on the same day is best, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat it by adding some water. If you want to make this last longer, ensure you are freezing it within an hour after cooking.
How To Reheat?
Add boiled water to warm up this dish in the microwave or a saucepan.
Why Go Veggie?
Laos Curry Recipe is a simple and delicious vegetarian dish. With the right preparation and ingredients, you can enjoy this dish anytime!
Many of you might find it a bit weird the first time you try this dish, but the truth is, rice noodles are very popular in Asian countries like Vietnam and Thailand. They might not resemble real noodles, but they are good for your health.
This Lao curry recipe is also low in calories and fat, making it very healthy and a great option for dieters and people who love to eat clean. It’s also vegan-friendly, which makes it environmentally sustainable.