Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious is a dish from India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. It’s typically made with rice or bread to be a complete meal.
Lamb is the main meat traditionally used, but you can also use beef. The spices and ingredients vary depending on region and personal taste.
This recipe has a serious kick of heat! That might not be everyone’s cup of tea; if you like less spicy food, remove the chile (or whatever type of pepper you have) or reduce the amount by half.
How to make Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious
- 1 pound boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes or
- 1/3 cup diced canned tomatoes with their juices
- salt to taste (I used.
Step 1: Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
Step 2: Brown the lamb chunks in a single layer to avoid crowding the pan, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
Step 3: In the same saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon of butter or oil over medium-high heat; add onions and cook, frequently stirring, until softened and golden, 7-9 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
Step 4: Stir in the green chile, cardamom, cumin, and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Step 5: Return the lamb to the pan; add salt to taste (I used 1 teaspoon). Stir once or twice to coat all ingredients with the spice mixture.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if needed for desired consistency.
Step 6: Serve with basmati or any rice you prefer.
Nutrition facts of Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious
- Calories: 395
- Cholesterol: 96 mg
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 28 g
Health Benefits of Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious
Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious is a completely nutritious meal containing over 21 different vitamins and minerals. Lamb contains high amounts of protein and iron.
Iron is especially beneficial for pregnant women as it helps produce red blood cells, which deliver oxygen to all body cells. Curry, or Indian cuisine, contains many health benefits for both adults and children.
Amazing 5 Variations for Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious
1. Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious is a classic lamb curry recipe, but many variations. Some people use red chile, tomatoes, and raisins.
2. You can use chicken instead of lamb or even beef for this recipe! It’s a great family meal.
3. Some other recipes include eggplant or potatoes in this dish for variation and balance the flavors of the lamb and spices it is cooked with.
4. You can use chicken or turkey in place of lamb. Turkey is a great option if you’d like to cut down on the fat and calories of this dish. It also has a milder flavor that can appeal more to those not fans of lamb.
5. This recipe is flexible too! If you don’t like some of the ingredients, leave them out or add something else (like maybe coconut milk, if you want to make it a Thai dish).
How to store?
Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious will keep for about 5 days in the refrigerator. This recipe makes enough for two or three people so that it will last you a few meals.
Lamb curry with coconut milk
Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious is generally a mild mixture of spices, but you can add new flavors to it. If you want to try something different than the classic Indian version,
add a cup of coconut milk for additional creaminess and a unique blend of flavors. Adding coconut milk is like adding another spice to the dish, so use it moderation.
Indian lamb curry recipe
Indian lamb curry recipe is featured in the BBC Good Food Magazine with an innovative twist. A pot of simplicity and richness in one, this classic Indian curry has all the flavors of Indian food packed inside.
The spice mix used for this lamb curry recipe is known as garam masala, which is a blend of warm aromatic spices that can be found in any Indian kitchen today, and it tastes amazing
Lamb curry recipe Pakistani
Lamb Curry Recipe Epicurious is one of the best lamb curry recipes in Pakistani dishes; this dish is famous in Pakistan and still tastes great. It is a must attempt lamb recipe if you have an idea of having lamb and rice every time at your dinner table.
Lamb Curry Recipe Swedish
This is a traditional lamb curry recipe Swedish dish. It’s really easy to make with only a few ingredients. It would help if you had some ground cumin and lots of cinnamon, which gives a nice aroma; I like it so much.
Lamb curry recipe is a wonderful dish, loved by young and old alike. This lamb curry recipe uses many ingredients that add to its great taste.
Indian lamb curry recipe can be used for different occasions like family dinner and tiffins, as it is cooked in the oven well.
It’s a great entrée dish and goes with rice or bread as sides. It would help if you tried this lamb curry recipe soon on your table.