Lady finger curry recipe is a delicious dish that can be eaten as a meal or for snacks. It is usually made with tomatoes and onions, but other vegetables may be added. This recipe has only a few steps and takes 20 minutes to prepare.
The curry sauce is spicy and flavorful. It goes well with rice dishes, wraps, sandwiches, or on its own as a snack.
How to make the Lady finger curry recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
Serves: 2-4 servings.
- 500 gram Lady finger
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Spring onion chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Kasturi methi
- 1 tsp Whole spices powder
- 1/2 tsp Oil
1. Take a pan and heat oil. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and let it fry for 2-3 mins.
2. Add onions and saute, cooking for 5-7 mins until the onion color changes to a golden brown.
3. Add tomato paste, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, Kasturi methi, salt, salt as per taste, whole spices powder, and stir well. Saute for 2-3 mins.
4. Add 400-gram lady finger pieces and cook on high heat, frequently stirring, until the lady’s finger starts to color.
5. Add spring onions and stir again. Cover the pan and cook until cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and let it cool down for 5-10 mins
7. Heat a Tava/griddle and place the lady finger curry on it. Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil on each piece.
8. Cover the pan and cook for 5-10 mins till the Lady finger becomes soft and cooked through.
9. Serve hot with Rotis/rice or bread as a main dish or as a snack. (Optional)
Nutrition Facts of Lady finger curry recipe
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbs: 3.9 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
10 Amazing Health Benefits of Lady finger curry recipe
1. Good source of Vitamin C (1/4th of the daily recommended amount)
2. Favorable for preventing high blood pressure (1 teaspoon has 36% of the reference daily intake)
3. Fat-free and cholesterol-free, thus lowering cholesterol level
4. It’s a good source of dietary fiber (8 g)
5. Antioxidant properties help prevent heart disease(1 tablespoon is equivalent to 31% of the daily recommended allowance)
6. Source of B vitamins (1 tablespoon has 4% of the daily recommended allowance)
7. Source of vitamin B6 (1/8th of the daily recommended amount)
8. Source of potassium, a mineral that lowers blood pressure and improves cholesterol level(1 tablespoon has 83% of the reference daily intake)
9. Provides good amounts of thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, and iron(2 tablespoons have 2% of the reference daily intake)
10. The phytonutrient lutein helps fight against cancer (1 tablespoon is equivalent to 18% of the daily recommended amount).
Can I Freeze the Lady finger curry recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the remaining curry in an airtight container or freezer bag for 4-5 months.
Can I add other vegetables to the lady finger curry recipe?
Yes, you can also add other vegetables to this recipe. Some of them are beans, peas, okra, cauliflower, and potatoes.
Warning: Avoid consuming on an empty stomach as it may cause abdominal cramps.
Can I store this dish in the refrigerator?
Yes, you can store this dish in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. However, do not add Kasturi methi because it loses its aroma with time.
Is the Lady finger curry recipe good for everybody?
Yes, this dish is good for everybody who follows a low-carb diet as it contains only 3.9 g of carbs per serving. For a healthy and balanced meal, have some bread with it.
Is the lady finger curry recipe gluten-free?
If you use gluten-free oil and avoid adding pooris or chapatis, it is safe for people with gluten intolerance.
Is the lady finger curry recipe vegan?
Yes, this dish is vegan. Vegans can have this dish with curd, lentils, and bread of their choice.
Can I use a different variety of lady’s fingers?
You can use any variety of lady’s fingers you want. However, the key is to cook them slowly to become soft and completely cooked.
Can I add vegetables to the lady finger curry recipe?
Yes, you may add vegetables like beans, peas, or potatoes to this dish. All such ingredients must be added simultaneously as cooking but not before because soon after adding such ingredients, it will not be cooked through.
The lady finger curry is a delicious one-dish meal. Once you add spring onions, they can be served as a side dish. It is low in cholesterol and ideal for people following a low-carb diet. This recipe is prepared with fresh ingredients that are easily available in the market at an affordable price
I hope this article on lady finger curry recipes is useful for you. Please leave your valuable comments.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Kindly visit this site for more delicious recipes.