Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is a great way to celebrate your loved ones’ birthday! This delicious cake is easy to make and made of dough filled with frosting.
It’s like a donut but in cake form, perfect for birthdays, holidays, or just good ol’ dessert time!
If you’ve ever wondered what this strange-looking treat is like, keep reading to learn more about it.
How To Make A Krispy Kreme Donut Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 packs 1/4 ounce packages instant yeast or(4 ½ teaspoons )yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water 105-115F / 40-46C
- 1 1/2 cup milk (whole milk or low-fat milk)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) butter or shortening, softened
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 batch donut glaze (recipe follows)
1. Combine warm water, yeast, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a large bowl.
2. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
3. Add the milk and remaining sugar to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the salt and eggs until fully combined. Add the butter, then add half of the flour.
5. Add the remainder of the flour and mix until a soft and smooth dough forms.
6. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm area for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
7. Once risen, knead for at least 2 minutes on a floured surface until soft and bouncy, adding additional flour if needed to prevent sticking
8. Grease 2 circular cake pans with canola oil.
9. Punch the dough down and divide it into two loaves. Place each loaf into a greased loaf pan, approximately 5 or 6 inches in diameter and about 8 or 9 inches high. Spread out the loaves to fill the pans and let them rise again until doubled in size.
10. Once risen, place the pan in a cold oven and preheat to 350F (180C).
11. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Place them on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes before removing them from pans and allow them to cool completely.
13. To ice the cake: Place parchment paper on the counter, spray with canola oil, and place the cake onto the parchment paper.
14. Use a knife to cut out a circle from the top of the cake, about 2 inches.
15. Slice into the donut, creating about 20 even wedges.
16. Flip the donut cake over and place it on a serving platter or your Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe stand.
17. Prepare the glaze by heating until sugar dissolves completely, occasionally stirring, remove from heat and let cool slightly (about 8-12 minutes).
18. Brush the glaze onto the donut cake in sections, allowing it to drip down the sides and into a puddle at the bottom.
19. Once completely glazed, let it cool for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Fact Of Krispy Kreme Donut Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||30 g|
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Krispy Kreme Donut Cake Recipe
1. It’s made of dough filled with icing, making it a good protein and calcium source.
2. The icing is made from milk and butter, which is rich in protein, giving you a good source of protein.
3. The icing can also help grow and develop bones, nerves, and muscles.
4. Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is a good source of vitamin C and E, essential vitamins for healthy skin and hair.
5. Vitamin C aids to strengthen the immune system, while vitamin E helps prevent cancer and slow down the growth of cancer cells.
6. Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is also a good source of B vitamins, which helps produce red blood cells.
7. B vitamins are also important for maintaining good vision, the body’s ability to absorb iron and other minerals and carotenoids necessary for vision.
Can I Freeze It?
The icing of the Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe can be frozen after the glaze is applied.
When frozen, the cake will hold its shape and taste just as good as when freshly baked. Freezing doesn’t affect the taste of the cake, but if you want to thaw it out and serve it that way, you will need to let it thaw out first.
Is It Good For Everybody?
You should check with your doctor before you consume the Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe if you are on any medication and are pregnant or lactating. You should also check with your doctor before consuming if you have high blood pressure.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is a good source of carbohydrates that can help in blood sugar maintenance. It is also a good source of fiber, which prevents blood sugar spikes.
Can It Be Used As A Substitute For Bread?
Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe can be eaten instead of bread as it helps keep healthy and improves the flavor of food.
Is It Good For People With Digestive Issues?
Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is always a great choice for breakfast and dessert, but depending on your digestive issues could affect how you take this without feeling any discomfort or pain.
I hope you learned a lot from this post about the Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe. You should now know the health benefits of the Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe, how to make one and what ingredients are needed to prepare a perfectly baked Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe.
Krispy Kreme donut cake recipe is a delicious treat that you can make and serve at home or bake for someone special. By baking this delicious donut cake, you will impress your friends and family when they come over and visit.