The Korean cake recipe is a traditional Korean New Year’s cake. It is very simple to prepare, and it tastes sweet.
The Korean cake recipe includes flour, sugar, shortening, baking powder, water, vegetable oil with salt, and various spices. The ingredients are mixed in the food processing machine until smooth. The Korean cake is baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for an hour.
The Korean cake recipe is not as complicated as bread making. It is easy to prepare.
The most difficult part of the preparation is to mix thoroughly the flour, baking powder, and water simultaneously.
How To Make Korean Cake Recipe?
It is a basic seasoning for Korean New Year’s cake that salt and baking powder in the mixture should be put in a ratio of 1:2 by weight.
- 3 sachets of baking powder
- 1 lb (450g) each
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
(1) Mix flour and baking powder in a mixer. Keep this mixture aside.
(2) Combine milk, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
(3) Heat water to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius).
(4) Add the mixture from step (2) slowly to the mixture from step (1) in the mixer.
(5) Gradually pour in the heated water from step (3), stirring with a wooden spoon at the same time.
(6) Knead until thick, soft, and almost dry.
(7) Leave for 10 minutes to rest.
(8) Transfer dough into a tray and spread out evenly.
(9) Cover the dough with another tray.
(10) Transfer into a baking pan, cover with baking paper and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
(11) Remove the cake from the oven, cool it down, and slice it. Serve it immediately.
Serve directly on a plate.
Nutrition Facts Of Korean Cake Recipe
|Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g|
11 Best Health Benefits Of Korean Cake Recipe
1. Korean cake recipe is rich in dietary fiber. Dietary fiber can reduce the risk of developing cancer, diabetes, and weight gain.
2. Korean cake recipe is low in saturated fat and contains no cholesterol.
3. Korean cake recipe improves your gut health by stimulating good bacteria in the gut flora, which helps release more nutrients from the food you eat.
4. It also has a low glycemic index, so it helps to reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
5. Korean cake is a good source of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium.
6. Korean cake recipe is low in fat and a good source of dietary fiber.
7. It is also a good source of protein.
8. Korean cake recipe helps stabilize blood sugar levels and lower the risk of diabetes.
9. It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
10. Korean cake recipe provides you with energy for physical activities because it contains high carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and protein.
11. The Korean cake recipe helps you manage your weight because it is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium contents.
Can I Freeze It?
The Korean cake recipe is ideal for freezing, and it can last for up to three months. You can freeze the cake, and when you want to eat it, you need to defrost it in a fridge. Make sure that the water does not touch the cake during freezing.
The Korean cake may become stale, so you must eat it within three months after freezing.
It is best served when eaten fresh, directly from the oven with a glass of milk or tea.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, the Korean cake recipe is healthy. It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium contents. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and protein.
What Are The Nutritional Values?
The dish consists of 32 grams of carbs, including 11 grams of dietary fiber, 1 gram of protein, and little fat. The nutrition facts are found as below:
Can I Make A Slice Of Cake With Half Of The Ingredients?
Yes, you can make a slice with half the ingredients. It will be a thicker slice, so cut larger pieces for easier serving.
The Korean cake is one of the traditional Korean New Year’s gifts. It is a special product that comes from Korea. Many marriages and family reunions in Korea, so this traditional dish has been prepared for a long time.
The preparation is quite easy, but it will be best to follow the recipe exactly.