Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe is a state in the southern part of India. Kerala cuisine is predominantly vegetarian, with coconut and mustard seeds as major ingredients.
It relies heavily on rice, fish, beef, and chicken. This recipe for Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe is an easy dish you can make at home with minimal fussing.
How to make Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe
- 2 cups of Thai green curry paste (shop: Ayurveda-online.com)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 8 oz. of beef, cubed into 1″ cubes (1/2″ each)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds (or 1 pinch green gram or kasoori methi)
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
Step 2: Add onions and fry until translucent.
Step 3: Add garlic and stir until the garlic turns golden brown.
Step 4: Add green curry paste and coconut milk and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes until the paste has turned into a chunky paste. A
Step 5: dd beef, tomatoes, and black mustard seeds. Cook for another 5 minutes. Stir with a fork in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Step 6: Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and allow to cook.
Step 7: Serve over rice or noodles alongside side salad, chicken, or lamb.
How to prepare time?
Preparation time is 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes of simmering.
Serves 4 people.
Nutrition facts of Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe
- Calories: 467.52
- Fat: 10.36 g
- Cholesterol: 60.64 mg
- Sodium: 655.99 mg
- Carbohydrates: 17.56 g
- Protein: 29.11 g
- Fiber: 2.
Health Benefits of Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe
Look what’s waiting to be made into a healthy and super delicious Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe! It’s easy to prepare, healthy, and even has therapeutic benefits.
Learn how to make this tasty curry now, or discover other delicious recipes for diabetics here. Find out about the benefits of fasting.
Easy 6 Freezing Ideas for Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe
1. Freeze meat for future use. If you’ve just bought a piece of meat, place it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
2. Protein Bars – The ingredients you need are available at any supermarket, and with just an hour of preparation time, this is one of the easiest and tastiest protein bars to prepare. You only need some bread (rye bread works best), walnuts, and whey protein powder.
3. Vegetarian Chili – Swap the chicken or beef with 1 lb of minced tofu.
4. Cool Packs – Place some frozen vegetables in zip-lock bags to save money on ice packs.
5. Breakfast Sandwiches – Fill leftover buns with egg whites and cheese slices for a quick, convenient, and delicious breakfast on the go.
6. Quick Pickles – Make pickles using cabbage and cucumber slices in vinegar or water brine to make a great addition to sandwiches and wraps.
Inji curry with coconut
Pork, masala powder, garlic, ginger, and chopped eggplants – mix them all and bring to a boil. Grind the mixture into a paste.
Add coconut oil to the remaining pieces of eggplant and fry them until browned but not burnt; add them to the curry.
Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe
Kerala Inchi Curry with coconut is a very delicious recipe, and it is prepared using different spices. The main ingredients of this dish are green chilies, coriander, curry leaves, curry powder, coconut, and onions. It can be easily made at home with the help of simple and easy-to-follow instructions.
Inji curry Trivandrum Style
Inji curry Trivandrum Style is a delicious recipe that the people of Kerala like. The recipe of this Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe, which is given here, is an exclusive online recipe.
This dish is particularly delicious when served with steamed rice, jeera rice (fried urad dal), and crunchy papad. This dish can be tried at home as well, as it has various benefits and tastes great.
Is It Low Calorie?
This depends on the recipe you choose. It is always best to calculate the calorie count yourself, especially when substitutions are made to the recipe.
Is It Low Fat?
Yes, if low-fat versions of ingredients are used. As with any recipe that contains meat, a significant amount of fat comes from this ingredient.
Is It High Protein?
If you are looking for a recipe high in protein, then this one suits you as it has a considerable amount of protein.
This dish is also very high in carbohydrates, making it an ideal meal for people who need to maintain a certain level of carbohydrate intake.
Does It Have Sugar?
Even though there are no added sugars in the recipe and all ingredients are natural, this dish may not suit those who wish to avoid sugar completely.
Can It Be Made Gluten-Free?
It can be made gluten-free if you use corn flour instead of besan (gram flour/chickpea flour), and instead of rice, you can use millet. However, the taste will not be the same as the traditional Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe.
This, after all, is Kerala Inchi Curry Recipe which everyone can try. This recipe needs very few ingredients and is very simple to cook. Enjoy the cooking process and make this dish at home.