Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini is a dish that Johnny Carino popularized in the third season. It consists of marinated chicken cutlets, topped with sliced tomatoes and sauteed in butter and garlic.
The Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini recipe is a delicious dish with chicken, scallops, and linguine.
Sautéed in olive oil, garlic, and parsley on top of a bed of linguine that has been cooked to al dente. The drizzle of fresh lemon juice when served is the finishing touch. This meal will satisfy even the finickiest of eaters out there!
The Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini recipe is great for any occasion. It’s easy, delicious, and best of all, filling.
How To Make Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium-sized fresh tomatoes sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boned and skinned, very thinly sliced with a big knife (preferable), or chicken breast can also be used.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb linguine cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste (don’t add salt as the bacon will be salty enough)
1. Cut the chicken thighs into thin slices with a sharp knife or meat slicer. They must be very thin, so they don’t burn during sauteing.
2. Put the chicken slices in a bowl add salt and pepper, parsley, and thyme. Toss to combine well. Cover cling film and leave aside for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until they are hot but not browned.
4. Cook the chicken slices until golden brown on both sides (about 5-7 minutes per side). Set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
5. Warm the olive oil in a saucepan and add garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently cook for 4 minutes or until tomatoes are reduced to a medium-thick consistency. Add 2 tablespoons of water if it gets too dry.
6. Add cooked pasta, parmesan cheese, chicken, tomato mixture, and parsley into the chicken pan. Toss gently over medium heat until mixed well (about 1 minute). Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts Of Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||207|
|Total Fat||22 g|
Top 5 Best Freezing Ideas Of Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe
1. Create a tray of ice cubes and place the cutlets in the middle of the ice tray. Cover them with plastic wrap and seal with aluminum foil. Place in your freezer for about 2 hours.
2. Freeze leftover pasta sauce (optional) in ice cube trays to use later for delicious sauces or soups.
3. Freeze baby carrots whole or as indicated from the package (optional).
4. Frozen black olives are always delicious when added to your favorite pasta dishes or soups.
5. Make fresh salsa for your next Tex-Mex dish. Spread the salsa onto slices of tortilla and place under the broiler once one side is brown, flip and brown the other side. Place in a small ziplock bag and freeze it until you need it later.
Is It Healthy?
Yes. It’s a complete protein and an excellent source of iron, calcium, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Is it a complete protein? Yes. Chicken is an excellent source from the MNRF that contains high protein levels while low in fat and saturated fats. It’s high in calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and B vitamins (especially pantothenic acid).
Price In Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe
The price of Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini recipe in a restaurant or at the market is probably higher than you could buy the ingredients individually. However, if you want to make it at home, shop around and don’t forget to look for coupons.
The price of Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini recipe in stores varies from store to store.
Yes. Johnny Carino’s chicken scallopini recipe is wheat-free and gluten-free.
How To Store?
If you have leftovers, store them in airtight containers and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this meal and thaw it overnight in the fridge before cooking (you’ll need to warm it up when ready to serve).
Are There Any Substitutes For Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe?
Yes, you could substitute grated parmesan cheese for the parmesan cheese instead of grating it yourself. You could also sub mozzarella or cheddar cheese as well. You could use rice noodles instead of linguine (or use both).
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Johnny Carino’s Chicken Scallopini Recipe
1. High in protein, this meal helps keep you full and satisfied so you won’t overeat later.
2. High in fiber, this dish will keep your digestion regular and help prevent digestive disorders such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
3. High in calcium since it has a high vitamin D level in it. This will help improve the structure of bones teeth and the strong foundation necessary for healthy growth.
4. Antioxidants found in this meal help boost your immune system and ward off any illness.
5. Vitamin B6 (found in thyme) helps break down carbs and proteins for energy production.
Panko breaded chicken is one of the easiest chicken recipes to make. You can grill it or bake it in the oven. It’s very crunchy and flavorful on its own, or you can serve it with pasta and vegetables.
Have fun experimenting with different sauces and toppings to add some flavor to this amazing dish!