Jidori Chicken Recipe is a rare breed of chicken that has been bred specifically to have higher quality, more flavorful meat. You can learn how to make Jidori Chicken with this helpful tutorial.
How to make Jidori Chicken Recipe
This recipe will help you make a delicious Jidori Chicken Recipe.
- 1.5 pound(s) Jidori Chicken
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 3 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced finely
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced coarsely and seeded (optional)
1. Take a large stockpot, and fill it about 1/3 full with water. Place the chicken into the water, and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn down the flame to simmer.
Allow the chicken to cook for about an hour on low heat (if you want it faster, use a cold water bath).
2. After about an hour or so, remove the chicken from the pot and drain all of the water out of the pool, but do not rinse off the chicken. Put a tiny bit of vegetable oil into your pan, and set it over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is warm, place a single piece of chicken into the pan, and cook it for 3 – 4 minutes on each side (letting it rest at least once). The outside should be nicely browned.
3. In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil and rice vinegar until a smooth paste. Add the mixture to the pan where you cooked the chicken, stir it around, and turn off the heat.
4. Now, put the chicken back into the pot (there should be enough liquid in there for now). Cover with about a cup of cold water, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
5. Allow the chicken to cook for 30 minutes or so. After 30 minutes, you should have a smooth broth that is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon.
Next, add in the mushrooms, garlic, and scallions. Allow the pot to simmer for about another 15 minutes on medium heat.
6. Once the time has come to a close, remove the pot from heat and place it into an ice bath to stop the cooking process (about 30 mins).
7. Pour the broth back into the pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. The chicken should be nice and tender, so you can slice it up and add it back into the broth.
Lastly, stir in the jalapeno peppers (if you have made it that far). Stir in some salt to taste if needed.
8. Remove from heat and serve with any desired toppings (you can use soy sauce or sesame oil as well).
You may like: Cuban Oregano Recipes: Easy 5 Freezing Ideas
Nutrition facts of Jidori Chicken Recipe
|Calories from fat||34%|
6 Nutrition of Jidori Chicken Recipe
1. Fatty Acids
The fatty acids found in dark meat chicken, like Jidori Chicken, have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties.
2. Vitamin B12
There is a good amount of vitamin B12 in this recipe (and it is also easy to absorb). Vitamin B12 is essential for the proper functioning of the brain, nervous system, and blood cells. It is also necessary for blood formation and DNA synthesis.
Phosphorus is a mineral that helps in the formation of bones and teeth. Jidori Chicken has plenty of phosphorus.
Potassium helps maintain normal blood pressure, balance water and nerve function. Potassium is also good for the heart, kidneys, and muscle function.
Iron is an essential part of hemoglobin that helps carry oxygen throughout the body. There is a good amount of iron in this recipe, and it is easily absorbed. Your body needs iron to form red blood cells and prevent anemia.
Protein is one of the essential nutrients needed by your body. It helps build and repair muscles, organs, skin, blood, and antibodies (the immune system).
Is Jidori Chicken Healthy?
Jidori Chicken is a very healthy meat. It is high in protein and low in fat, making it a good source of lean protein for people looking to build muscle mass and those trying to lose weight.
Jidori Chicken has zero carbohydrates, making it an excellent low-carb food choice. This recipe also has some healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs to stay healthy.
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
This recipe is perfect for people looking to lose weight and people who want a healthy source of protein. It has reasonable iron, phosphorus, vitamin B12, and potassium.
All enjoy the Jidori Chicken Recipe. It consists of a whole chicken that has been cooked in broth with garlic and scallions, which gives it a delicious flavor.
Jidori Chicken Recipe is known for its unique taste and high protein content, making it an easy favorite.
Jidori Chicken is very healthy meat, making it a favorite amongst many people. It is also a very healthy choice for people who are looking to build muscle mass or lose weight and those who are trying to lower their cholesterol levels.