Learn how to make a Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe with this easy recipe and step-by-step guide.
It’s a delicious cake perfect for a party or as a dessert for your family. This cake is what you will remember this year when it’s time to bake the Christmas cake!
How to make Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe
Step by Step Instructions:
1. preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 14-inch jelly roll pan. Sift together the cake flour and sugar into a small bowl twice.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and water. Add in the sifted flour and sugar mixture. Gently mix until creamy and well combined with no lumps visible.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture until just mixed throughout; you want to avoid deflating the egg whites. Pour into the prepared pan and place into the oven.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is lightly browned, but not too much that it cracks or burns. Remove immediately from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting out Swiss rolls, layer by layer!
5. To assemble, spread jam that was mixed with a little water onto the cake and add the top layer. Roll the cake while it’s still hot. Be sure to dust a little extra flour on top of your cake as you roll to prevent sticking.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
8 Health benefits of the Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe
1. Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe is a very healthy food because it is a cake made with no oil.
2. It provides all the essential amino acids needed by our body.
3. The calcium content in this cake is essential for the proper function of our nervous system and skeletal system.
4. cake flour used in this recipe is obtained from wheat. Therefore, it will aid digestion and help prevent constipation or diarrhea caused by wheat consumption.
5. This cake has iron content; hence it will restructure your blood cells and prevent anemia.
6. This cake is a good vitamin B12 which helps keep our red blood cells healthy.
7. Soybeans used in this recipe contain isoflavones which act as antioxidants.
8. This cake contains many nutrients, such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can freeze Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe after it’s completely cooled. The cake’s texture doesn’t change that much, but you can expect some changes in the way it tastes.
Is It The Same as American Swiss Roll?
It’s close but not quite there. Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe has more moisture than American Swiss Roll, a baked sponge cake. If you’re looking for that kind of cake, you might want to check out this recipe.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this is a Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe because there are no added oils, such as butter or shortening. There is no added sugar either, which is good for any palate.
It’s also low in fat (15 grams) and high in fiber (6 grams). Containing egg whites and egg yolks, it’s also rich in protein (8 grams) and beneficial fats (2 grams).
Can I Replace the Egg Whites with Egg Whites?
Yes! You can Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe whites with egg whites if preferred. It will not affect the texture or taste of the cake.
Is There Any Substitute for Cake Flour?
Cake flour is quite different from all-purpose flour. The main difference is that cake flour has a higher percentage of starch.
You can use all-purpose flour as a substitute, but expect your cake to be more dense, heavy, and crumbly. However, if you’re using this for your Swiss Roll, it won’t affect the recipe that much.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes. It is gluten-free and can be consumed by people with gluten intolerance and celiac disease. The only thing you need to watch out for is the cake flour you’re using. Make sure it’s a certified gluten-free cake flour so that your cake doesn’t end up tasting like wheat!
Can I Use a Different Kind of Jam?
Yes! You can use any jam you want to. Strawberry, blueberry, apricot, and orange marmalade are just some examples. You can also try making your jam by mixing different fruits.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes. As long as you are not allergic to any ingredients, this cake is suitable for pregnant women.
Can Men Eat it?
Yes. Men can also enjoy this cake because it contains no added sugar and is a source of protein and good fats.
Is It A Good Breakfast Food?
Yes! Japanese Swiss Roll Cake Recipe will give you energy for the day since it’s rich in fiber (6 grams) and protein (8 grams).
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes. This cake will boost your body with nutrients and good fats to maintain your heart function. It has no added sugar that causes plaque build-up in the arteries.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes. Although it’s rich in sugar and carbohydrates, the cake has very little insulin sensitivity, which is good for people with diabetes.
The cake is a healthy source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie. However, it’s not egg-free, so it’s not particularly suitable for people with allergies to eggs.
The Japanese Swiss Roll cake is mostly used as a filling for cakes, so you can’t make this as an individual cake on its own.
However, you can use this recipe to make muffins or cupcakes if you want to use it as the main ingredient for your recipe.