Have you ever wanted to learn how to make a Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe Grace Kitchen? Well, look no further! Here is the link for the best and most detailed instructions.
This is an easy recipe to follow and complete in just minutes. You will have all of your ingredients in just a few minutes, giving you plenty of time before your guests arrive.
It’s also one that loves company, so it’s perfect for when you have guests coming over and want them to enjoy some delicious Jamaican food too.
How to make
- 2 1/2 cup self-raising flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 cup of Golden Syrup
- 1 cup chopped peel of fresh orange (skins and all)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 medium-sized eggs, cold 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of brown demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour, cinnamon, mace, ginger, ground cloves, and brown sugar).
3. Pour the syrup into the flour mixture, followed by the orange juice and butter. Beat together until smooth. Beat in one egg at a time (beating well after each addition).
4. Pour into a greased and lined 9″ inch (or 8″ if you prefer) round cake tin.
5. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the cake feels firm yet springy when pressed in the center.
6. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To make the icing, place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add the juice from one orange and 1/2 tablespoon of water. Make it nice and thick, then spread it onto the cooled cake.
8. Serve with Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (not included in this recipe). Enjoy!
Benefits of Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe Grace Kitchen
Well, it’s not every day that you see a cake recipe with such great benefits. It’s low in fat and gluten-free too! You’ll also be getting 40% of your daily fiber requirements when you eat a slice of this cake.
You can serve your guests a slice, knowing that they are eating healthy too. The high level of fiber and almost no fat will leave them feeling full for hours after eating it.
As a bonus, it also contains large protein (4g) and carbohydrates (40.5g). So, whether you need to build more muscle or want to get through the day without feeling hungry, this cake recipe is perfect for you.
If you are looking for a healthy snack to eat during lunchtime at your office, this is ideal because it will keep you feeling full and satisfied until dinner.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Yes, this recipe is very beneficial for pregnant women. The lack of fat and saturated fats means that the body often does not absorb the food. Therefore, it’s a good idea to avoid eating too much of it during pregnancy.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Yes, it is very beneficial for your heart. The high fiber level helps to control cholesterol levels, and the low amounts of fat mean that it is less likely to strain your heart.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes, this cake is ideal for diabetes. The low amount of sugar means that it won’t make you gain weight overnight, and the high level of fiber will make you feel full for longer so that you won’t be tempted to eat more than you should.
Is It Good For Losing Weight?
Yes, this cake is perfect for losing weight. You should still eat it in moderation, however, because it still has a high level of sugar.
If you are dieting or trying to lose weight, you should have a slice once a week to satisfy your craving for Jamaican fruit cake.
Is It Good For Your Brain?
Yes, eating this cake recipe will leave your brain feeling more alert and alive. The high fiber and the low sugar level mean that your brain won’t have to work hard to process the food. Therefore, you will feel more awake after eating it.
Is It Healthy For Kids?
Yes, this cake is great for kids too. It’s healthy, low in sugar and fat, and gluten-free. So, your child can eat a slice without worrying about putting on weight or having a sugar crash afterward.
Is It Good For Your Heart?
Yes, this cake is great for your heart. The high level of fiber will help reduce cholesterol levels, and the low amount of fat means that it won’t strain your heart. It also has a high level of antioxidants, which will keep your blood flowing smoothly.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, this cake recipe is gluten-free. The flour and the icing are both gluten-free, meaning those who have allergies to this ingredient can enjoy a slice without worry.
Is It Good For The Skin?
Yes, this is a good recipe for helping your skin stay clear and healthy-looking. A large amount of fiber will help get rid of toxins in your body, including those that build up on your skin. This will leave you feeling more refreshed and clean after eating it.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to two months. Just make sure that you wrap it tightly in freezer paper and then place it in a sealed plastic bag before freezing it.
Jamaicans love their Jamaican fruit cake recipe, and as you can see by its many benefits, it is easy to see why.
It’s great for your heart and brain; it’s gluten-free, low in fat and sugar, yet still high in flavor.
Try this mouth-watering recipe out and get ready to experience the amazing benefits of this traditional Jamaican dish.