Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipes Is your favorite Jamaican dish. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot recipe is a spicy dish using mutton, cow foot, or beef shanks. This is one of the many traditional Jamaican dishes that has its roots in West African cooking.
The preparation time for this dish is around 4 hours but will be worth it when you make a plate of fresh curry to enjoy with your main meal.
What Is Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe?
This Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe is also known as salt fish, being the prime ingredient, and you would be amazed at the outcome. If you have family and friends coming over, this will be a great dish to serve them. You should even try it with your partner if they are not keen on African dishes.
With ingredients like curry powder, herbs, and pepper, you try preparing this dish in your kitchen and watch your jaws drop when they get a taste of this delicious meal.
How To Make Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe?
prepare Time: 4 hours
Dish Type: Main Course, Side Dish, Vegetarian Cuisine
Cuisine: African, Caribbean
- 1 kg Cow Foot or Ground Mutton or Beef Shanks
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, chopped, seeds and all
- 4 pieces of pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder [Tegina] (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Salt for blending into the curry.
Step 1. Clean, wash and scrub the cow foot. Cut into pieces required for your family and put them aside.
Step 2. Put a medium-sized pot on a stove, heat some oil, add garlic, and stir for 1 minute until aromatic.
Step 3. Add the curry powder and stir in with the slippery.
Step 4. Add the remaining ingredients to this pack and stir to combine well.
Step 5. Put a lid on the pot, lower heat to simmer for about 3 hours or until beef shanks are tender, stirring occasionally.
Step 6. Flambé just before serving by adding a few drops of liquid, like vegetable oil or coconut milk, into the curry and stirring in each spoon until all is combined, then set on fire to serve as per taste.
Step 7. Serve this delicious dish with boiled foods like rice and peas, fried dumplings, or roti bread, and you will be amazed at your creation.
Nutrition Fact Of Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe
One serving of this dish provides you with about:
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18.8 g|
6 Health Benefits Of Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe
1. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe is rich in protein and good for Vitamin B6.
2. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot recipe is also a source of calcium. This is resourceful for the bones, body functions, and heart function.
3. Mutton is a good source of riboflavin, niacin, phosphorous, Vitamin B12, zinc magnesium, copper, and iron, which are essential for a healthy body. Therefore, this dish can be healthy when eaten at least once a week as part of your daily diet.
4. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe is also good for pregnant women. This is because of the high level of folic acid found in mutton. Folic acid is also essential for pregnant women and conception.
5. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe contains potassium and magnesium. These are great nutrients. They are associated with giving strength to the body tissues and muscles and hence can be used by sportspeople to achieve better results or training in their chosen sports activities.
6. Jamaican Curry Cow Foot Recipe is also very good for people suffering from colic or heart problems because of the high level of iron found in this dish. Iron is essential for a healthy body, and without it, you will start losing your body tissues and muscles.
You will not want to miss this delicious Jamaican Curry Cow Foot recipe for those who love and appreciate African cuisine. This is the ultimate dish for any occasion, and you can enjoy it any time of the day and even at night. If you are a person who does not appreciate African food, try this dish out with your family or friends and watch them fall in love with your cooking skills.