The Ikea almond cake recipe is a great dessert for any occasion, and it only needs some simple ingredients. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their baking skills.
The cake is made with almond paste, which gives it a sweet flavor without bringing excessive sweetness. Though it looks simple enough, the almond cake is dense and richly flavored, with almonds forming its backbone.
This cake is a great beginning for those new at baking or as an alternative to the more traditional chocolate cake recipe. The cream cheese frosting makes this cake perfect for any season or occasion!
The result is a moist cake full of almond flavoring that tastes just as good with or without frosting.
How To Make Ikea Almond Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Setting Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves: 8-10 slices
Ingredients For The Cake
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated white sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients For The Frosting
- 8 oz (224g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups. (280 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (45g) sliced almonds, toasted
Step-1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 2-inch bread pan and set aside.
Step-2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, fully mixing well after adding vanilla extract.
Step-3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and soda in a separate bowl and mix with dry ingredients to combine.
Alternately add dry ingredients to the butter mixture in two additions and fully incorporate each ingredient before adding next.
Step-4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on the wire rack.
Step-5. While the cake is baking, make the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Spread evenly over cooled cake. Sprinkle with toasted almonds on top of the cake.
Step-6. Slice and serve!
Nutrition Fact Of Ikea Almond Cake Recipe
Best 6 Health Benefits Of Ikea Almond Cake Recipe
1. It’s made with almond flour, the lowest in calories, fat, and sodium.
2. It uses only 4 ingredients, which are all preservative-free making it a healthy recipe.
3. The recipe makes great use of both eggs and cream cheese, creating a balanced and rich formula for an after-workout or a healthy breakfast option.
4. It’s also high in fiber, making it good for your digestive system too.
5. The cake is easy to make, and it gives you a rich and delicious almond taste.
6. It’s easy to eat on any occasion, whether you’re trying to lose weight or want a tasty dessert for your next dinner party.
Is Ikea Almond Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes! This recipe is healthy because you can use almond flour, and it still turns out delicious. You don’t even feel like you’re eating a cake.
It tastes like a jelly cake, but you get the sweetness of the cake and the crunchy almond taste.
Is Ikea Almond Cake Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes! It is gluten-free because you don’t need to use any flour for this cake, so it doesn’t affect gluten-free.
Is Ikea Almond Cake Recipe Vegetarian?
It is vegan-friendly. Though you can use eggs for this recipe, the eggs are not required. You can also use oil instead of butter and make a vegan-friendly version of this recipe.
Can I Use Whole Eggs?
No, you cannot use whole eggs as eggs are an ingredient. Always use only egg whites.
How Do I Bake It?
Bake in a cake pan lined with parchment paper and baked for about 30-35 minutes. Although this recipe can be baked in a 9 x 11 inch for a thicker and heavier cake, the texture will not be as good because of the smaller size.
Can I Use Oil Instead Of Butter?
Yes, you can use oil, but it won’t be as good as the recipe is given and will ruin your cake’s taste.
How Do I Make Frosting For My Cake?
Mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, and butter, and then add the sugar slowly until you get the consistency you want your frosting to be.
The Ikea almond cake is a great dessert to have when you want something sweet, but you don’t wish to have calorie-rich desserts. This cake is easy to make and only needs some simple ingredients.
This rich and delicious almond cake can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their baking skills, and it can be made as an alternative to the more traditional chocolate cake recipe.