Honey Cake Recipe Indian is a dessert food made from the basic ingredients of flour, ghee, sugar, rose water and topped with a honey glaze.
The recipe requires little effort, and it can be served for desserts on festive occasions like Diwali or Eid al-Adha. Learn how to make this delicious recipe.
How to make Honey Cake Recipe Indian
- 2 cups flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup milk powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp rose water or rose syrup or (confectioner’s sugar)
1) Cream together sugar, butter, and ghee in a bowl until light and fluffy while sifting the flour into a separate bowl.
2) Gently work in the flour and keep adding it until a dough forms.
3) Shape the dough into round balls and let it sit for about 20-25 minutes. The dough will become fluffier as you wait.
4) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a baking pan. Bake the cakes for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Alternatively, you can fry them in oil on medium heat until they turn golden brown.
5. Cool the cakes and then flatten them with a spatula.
6. Once cooled, spread half of the melted ghee on each cake.
7. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and vanilla essence on top.
8. Bake in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
9. Allow cooling for a couple of minutes before removing the pan.
10. Brush with a tablespoon of honey and serve.
Nutrition facts of Honey Cake Recipe Indian
Health Benefits of Honey Cake Recipe Indian
• Rosewater helps reduce high levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
• It also plays an important role in lowering blood pressure.
• Since it has a very low glycaemic index, it is very beneficial as a component in diabetic food items as well as food items that are consumed by people who are overweight and obese.
• It is rich in iron, which improves the red blood corpuscles count and helps treat iron deficiency anemia.
Amazing 5 Healthy Nutrition of Honey Cake Recipe Indian
1. It contains no trans fats or saturated fats and hence it is a good food item to include in the diet of overweight people.
2. It is a very low glycaemic index food item. Since it has a high level of sweetness, it can be consumed by diabetic people and pregnant women as it will not cause any problems for them as far as their blood sugar levels are concerned.
3. It is a good source of vitamin E and carotene, both of which help keep your eyes healthy and help protect you from free radicals.
4. It does not cause gout or hypertension as it does not contain any high levels of purines.
5. It contains a good amount of iron, which helps get rid of anemia by increasing the red blood corpuscles count in the bloodstream.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can. If you prepare the cakes ahead, leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours and then frost in a honey glaze.
Otherwise, follow the abovementioned steps without adding ghee on top once the cakes have cooled. Once cooled, wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer to retain their original shape and prevent crumbling.
Alternatively, you can freeze them by making them into balls and refrigerating or freezing them until they are solid (about 2-3 days).
Can I Use Buttermilk In This Recipe?
Yes, you can. You will have to reduce the amount of milk powder and sugar by half a cup.
What Else Can I Do With This Recipe?
You can use this recipe to make a Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Cake, and Carrot Cake. For Vanilla Cake, you need to add 2 tbsp of vanilla essence in this recipe and some powdered sugar for garnishing the cake.
For Chocolate Cake, you will have to add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in this recipe and some powdered sugar to garnish the cake.
Can I Use Margarine Instead Of Butter?
Yes, you can. Just reduce the amount of ghee by 1 tbsp and replace it with 1 tbsp of margarine.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Yes, you can. It is a good food item to consume while expecting your child as it helps lower blood pressure levels.
Can I Prefer To Bake This Cake?
Yes, you can. Instead of baking in the oven, you can crumble the cake and bake it in a low oven (150-200 degrees Fahrenheit). It tends to turn out very well since it will not get any bitter or burnt taste.
Can I Do Glaze In Microwave Oven?
Yes, you can. However, it might take a little more time. Just heat the honey in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds. This will liquefy and turn into a syrup-like consistency. Then brush it over the cake.
Can I Use Rose Syrup In This Recipe Instead Of Rose Water?
Yes, you can. To do so, add 1/4 cup of rose syrup in this recipe along with 1 tsp of vanilla essence and some powdered sugar for garnishing the cake.
The Bottom Line
Honey is a great way to end a meal, especially because of its aroma. It has been used for centuries to help wounds heal and is the perfect food to include in your diet if you are looking for ways to lower your cholesterol.
Honey consists of a variety of properties that not only taste great but also nourish our bodies. This means it can be used safely in different applications throughout the body.