Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines is a delicious treat perfect for any occasion.
The flavor and texture of the cake will make your mouth water with every bite, and you’ll be surprised how effortless it is to make.
Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines starts with our tender white cake, then topped with a rich, creamy vanilla buttercream frosting and decadent honey glaze.
How to make Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk (see “How to fix sour milk” below)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled a little bit
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, mix dry cake ingredients.
2. In another bowl, beat together eggs and honey. Add in buttermilk (or sour milk). Mix well. Add butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined (do not overmix). Pour batter into two 9-inch round cake pans lightly greased/sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper rounds.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly touched. You may need to bake at slightly different temperatures because ovens vary, so keep an eye on them and perhaps rotate them halfway through cooking.
5. Let cool in pans for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely before frosting. (The cake will be very fragile).
|Saturated Fat||4.8 g|
Health Benefits of Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines
Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines in the form of omega-3 fatty acids, monounsaturated fats, and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals are the most beneficial ingredients to consume.
According to the American Heart Association, these nutrients can help lower cholesterol, prevent blood clots, reduce inflammation, and boost heart health.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas for Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines
1. Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap and then a layer of foil to seal all of the edges. If you want,
you can add an extra layer of freezer paper or parchment paper to keep it from sticking. Then place it in a large freezer-safe bag for long-term storage.
2. Wrap your cake in several layers of plastic wrap, place it on a plate and freeze until firm before transferring it to the freezer bag for long-term storage.
3. Place the frozen cake in a freezer-safe container or bag to store in the freezer.
4. Freeze slices of your cake in a plastic bag or freeze-dried pieces, then store them in a jar for long-term storage.
5. For unfrosted cakes, place them in a freezer-safe container and store them inside of the freezer door so that you can pull out small amounts at any time (like when you want to make a quick treat).
Is It Healthy?
Honey is one of the most important natural sweeteners in the world. It has been used for thousands of years to make food more palatable and add a delicious sweetness that can’t be replicated.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This cake is gluten-free but contains wheat flour. This is a common ingredient for many baked goods, including some that might be labeled “gluten-free,” such as those made with rice flour.
Does It Have Artificial Ingredients?
A quick check of the Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines label reveals no artificial ingredients.
Is It Vegan?
This cake is vegan. However, you’ll want to double-check the list of ingredients to make sure there are no animal products in this recipe (be sure to check ingredients on the Duncan Hines website).
Is It For Everyone?
The main ingredient in this recipe is whole wheat flour, which may concern people with gluten or wheat allergies. Also, it contains both eggs and honey, two elements that can be difficult for some people to digest.
Honey Bun Cake Recipe Duncan Hines, your best judgment when considering how safe this recipe is for your family.
The ingredients are certainly safe in the quantities used in this recipe, and the result is a delicious-looking cake. Still, it should not take the place of a doctor’s advice or a nutritionist’s recommendations.