Hawaiian smoke meat recipe is the delicious result of a fire pit and intense heat. People would have gathered near a fire to smoke poultry and other meats a long time ago. The smell of roasting meat was too enticing for them to resist!
This tasty recipe is what’s left after you’ve finished cooking the meat on one side but not the other, leaving it to dry out in the heat.
The smoke from the fire at the pit has a particular season and taste that give this dish its unique flavour.
The meat is cooked using a long-handled rod called a yaupon hoe for convenience halfway through cooking.
Using an open pit over a fire brings out the best flavour in your meat.
In addition to making great Hawaiian food, you can also use this recipe throughout the year as your main dish for dinner parties, picnics and gatherings.
How To Prepare Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe?
You need more than just meat to make a delicious Hawaiian smoke meat recipe. You will also need a smoker, Hickory Wood chips, and a charcoal grill.
The preparation begins with smoking the meat to give it a fantastic flavour. Then it’s grilled over charcoal.
You can make this dish yourself in your home.
- 5 pounds of pork butt or shoulder
- 1/4 cup of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of ground ginger powder or fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, brown sugar or molasses (brown sugar will colour it more)
- -2 tablespoons onion powder or 1 tablespoon chopped onion flakes.
- 1 tbsp ground Jamaican allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce (use Kikkoman or other quality brands)
- 2 ground bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon of dry yellow mustard
- 4 whole cloves or 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves.
Step-1. Begin by trimming all visible fat from the pork. Place the meat in a large container and add the kosher salt. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to get it tender.
Step-2. Rinse off the meat and pat dry with a paper towel.
Step-3. In a small bowl, combine your salt, black pepper, thyme, ginger powder or fresh ginger peeled and minced, brown sugar or molasses (brown sugar will colour it more), onion powder or 1 tablespoon chopped onion flakes. And garlic powder.
Step-4. Sprinkle this mixture on the pork butt or shoulder, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to absorb all the flavours.
Step-5. Place your smoker near your fire pit and fill it with hickory wood chips.
Step-6. Once it’s preheated, smoke the meat for at least 4 to 6 hours or until it attains a dark colour but is not yet dry and hard (approx 5 pounds needs about 4 hours).
Step-7. Allow the meat to cool and then brush on a mixture of soy sauce (use Kikkoman or other quality brands), ground bay leaves, dijon mustard or dry yellow mustard, cloves or 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves.
Step-8. Place the meat in a large container. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Step-9. Remove from refrigerator and let it sit for about 1 hour before placing it on your grill for grilling as desired.
Step-10. Cook over a low charcoal fire.
Note: You can use a gas or electric grill if you want to grill it, but it will taste much better if grilled over a coal fire.
Now you know how to prepare Hawaiian smoked meat recipes.
Nutrition Facts Of Hawaiian smoke meat recipe
Amount Per Serving
Why Choose Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe?
1. This is probably one of the most popular Hawaiian food recipes.
2. Use your smoker to cook it
3. It’s healthy and nutritious too!
4. The taste of the Hawaiian smoke meat recipe is simply superb!
5. It’s simply delicious…and simple too!
6. You can use this good old recipe for many different recipes. Like cooking ribs, chicken or turkey, turkey neck, pork chops, or even making a great barbecue sauce or marinade
7. Our recipe helps you overcome the expense of eating out and frozen foods
8. It’s a healthy alternative to greasy take-out food.
9. Hawaiian smoke meat recipe is a delicious way to serve family and friends.
10. It’s a memorable dish everyone will enjoy!
Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe Is Kids Friendly?
Yes, this is an excellent recipe for the whole family!
Hawaiian food recipes are also called Hawaiian cuisine. Hawaiian food is a popular style of cuisine that originated in Hawaii.
Many cultures influence the dishes of Hawaiian food, including Polynesian, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and American (introduced by immigrants).
How To Store Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe?
Place the uncovered smoked meat in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze, covered, for up to 3 months.
What Are The Advantages Of Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe?
1. No Preservative Added
2. Easy To Make No Butt Kiln Required
3. Convenient. Just Place And Cook.
4. It’s Healthy And Nutritious
5. It’s Delicious And Full Of Flavor
6. The Taste Is Outstanding
7. A Unique Source Of Healthy Protein
8. It’s So Easy To Make It And Delicious Too!
9. All Other Types Of Meat Are Bigger, But Our Hawaiian Smoke Meat Recipe Is So Tasty!
10. Hawaiian Meat Recipes Are Comforting And Easy To Make.
As you can see, making a Hawaiian smoke meat recipe is not difficult.
We hope you enjoy preparing this as much as we do!
And if you have any recipes, tips or suggestions of your own, please feel free to share them with us through the comment form below.
We would love to hear from you!
Enjoy your meal.