This blog post is about how to make a Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe. This is one of the more popular recipes on the blog and has been highly rated by many readers.
The recipe uses vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, triple sec, sprite with some lemon juice, and grenadine for color.
It starts with a boxed yellow cake mix then gets layered with a prepared instant vanilla pudding made from water or milk.
How to make Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared 9″ yellow cake mix
- 1 large can(26 oz) Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Pudding
- 3/4 cup water or milk
- 1 large tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups (1 pint) Betty Crocker Whipped Topping, thawed
- 5-6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup grenadine syrup (or another red syrup flavoring)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in an ungreased 10-in. fluted tube pan, making sure you grease and flour the pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.
3. combine water, pudding mix, and cool whip in a large bowl. Beat at low speed for 30 seconds; beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
If desired, stir in toasted cake crumbs and 3 drops of green food coloring. Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared cake layer.
4. Make frosting as directed on the package using water or milk and Whipped Topping, adding grenadine syrup as needed to achieve desired spreading consistency.
5. Place the second cake layer on the frosting and spread with frosting. Spread 3-4 drops of red food coloring around the sides of the cake if desired.
With a sharp knife, carefully score chilled cake to resemble a man’s torso (begin at center and end on opposite edges).
6. Chill overnight or for up to 3 days. Serve with grenadine syrup as an optional topping.
Recipe photography courtesy of Foodnetwork.
Nutrition facts of Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe
This recipe makes 1 cake, serving size is 1 slice. This recipe contains 565 calories and 13 grams of fat. This recipe has 4 grams of fiber,
it also has 11 grams of sugars plus 0 % of your total daily recommended value for saturated fats. Calories from fat are 75 %.
Benefits of Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe
This recipe is a great way to use an old cake recipe. You do a couple of things differently, and you can have a new dessert recipe.
This dessert has good benefits for your health. It contains omega 3 fats that are very important to your heart and brain health.
It also is a good source of Vitamin E that helps protect you against cancer and heart disease, keeps skin healthy, and helps to maintain eye health.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This is a great recipe. It is all-natural ingredients, so it is good for pregnant women. It contains no preservatives, so it is safe to enjoy this during pregnancy.
Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe Low Carb Recipes Find more low carb recipes at Low Carb Recipes This blog post is about making a Harvey Wallbanger Recipe. This is one of the more popular recipes on the blog and has been highly rated by many readers.
Is It Suitable For Toddlers?
This recipe is suitable for toddlers because it contains no alcohol. They can also enjoy the syrup on top of this dessert as well. This is a great recipe to make with your children.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
This is not suitable for people with diabetes because it contains no nutritional value. If you want a good diabetic-friendly dessert, you could try our Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This is not gluten-free. If you want a good gluten-free dessert, you could try our Low Carb Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe.
Is It Gout Friendly?
This is a great recipe. It contains no animal fats and no gout-causing ingredients such as sugar and alcohol. This could be served to someone who needs to follow a gout-friendly diet.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can. You can freeze this dessert for up to 2 months.
How Long Does It Keep?
This is best served when fresh. However, you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days and be able to enjoy it once thawed.
Is It Nut Free?
This recipe contains no nuts, but you are using a boxed cake mix that may contain traces of nuts. If you have a severe nut allergy, this is not the best recipe for you.
The Bottom Line
This is a very good recipe to enjoy on any occasion. Harvey Wallbanger Cake Recipe is a great dessert with no saturated fats or cholesterol. It does contain sugars, so those trying to lose weight might want to pass this recipe up.