Hamburger Curry Recipe Is Easy and Delicious! Hi, I’m Teja, and I recently made an awesome curry that my family loved. My brother even said it was his new favorite dish! It’s easy enough to make, too, so grab your burgers and let me show you how to make this delicious curry.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s so versatile, which means you can adapt it to whatever kind of burger you have on hand. So feel free to use chicken or tofu instead of the beef, or add extra veggies like broccoli or cauliflower if they’re on sale at the market.
What Is Hamburger Curry Recipe?
The hamburger curry recipe is simply a simple yet delicious recipe for hamburgers wrapped in rice and served with rice and vegetables.
What type of burger you use can be customized to your tastes. I like using more vegetables and less meat, so I made it with a burger and sauce without any meat at all. But the real star of this dish is the sauce, so use your favorite burger sauce or try my homemade version (recipe below).
Take out the burger meat if you want to make the whole recipe vegetarian. You can replace it with spices like ginger, garlic, and chili peppers.
How To Make Hamburger Curry Recipe?
The ingredients for this recipe are simple, so you don’t need to buy specialty products like a mortar and pestle, which will make the dish taste better but won’t be as quick and easy. You will also need a food processor or blender.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 5 tbsp red chili sauce (page 348)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions,
- chopped 1 medium-sized tomato,
- seeded and chopped 1 large carrot,
- peeled and grated 2 tsp
- ginger paste 1 tbsp
- garlic paste 1 cup
- soy sauce (page 346) 1/4 cup
- ketchup 2 lbs
- ground beef 4 cups
- water 4 cups
- stewed tomatoes 2 cans
Step 1. Prepare the meat.
Cook the hamburger meat in a hot pan until it is browned. Once you have browned it, drain off any extra oil. If you want to use turkey or chicken, cook it with ketchup and curry powder instead of red chili sauce.
Step 2. Make your curry sauce in a large pot by combining the stewed tomatoes and soy sauce. Mix well and let simmer for about 15 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3. Prepare the rice.
Rinse the rice and add it to a blender or food processor with salt, mixed spice, and eggs. Blend until it’s very smooth.
Step 4. Prepare your burger by chopping it up into small pieces and throwing it into the curry sauce (obviously without the meat). Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Step 5. Add your rice to the curry, and let cook for a few minutes before serving.
How To Make Homemade Hamburger Curry Sauce?
A homemade hamburger curry recipe is made using the hamburgers and the sauce part of this recipe.
- 2 cups tomato paste 1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds 1/2 cup
- white vinegar 4 tablespoons
- ketchup 2 tablespoons
- brown sugar 8 cloves 2 teaspoons
- red chili powder 4 tablespoons
water Curry spices
1/4 teaspoon 4 cloves 4 cardamoms 1/4 teaspoon 1-inch cinnamon stick 5 green chilies, chopped 3 inches ginger, peeled and chopped 2 bay leaves 5 cloves
Step 1. Mix all ingredients, except for the hamburger meat and rice, in a large pot. Add 2 cups of water, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
Step 2. Add your hamburger meat to the sauce and any other ingredients you like (if you are using soy sauce instead of making your sauce). Let cook for about 5 minutes before serving over rice.
1. Make sure the meat is cooked through. If it’s not, it will turn the rice yellow. You can also add a small amount of meat color cream to make sure that doesn’t happen.
2. You can substitute the ginger and garlic with chili powder if you don’t have either at home.
3. A mortar and pestle is a great way to make perfect curry powder. But, unfortunately, it can be hard to find and way more expensive than the store-bought kind.
4. If you’re not a fan of making your sauce, try using red curry sauce! It’s much easier to find at the store.
5. A curry spices grinder can be a great help in getting the curry powder just right. It’s easy to use, and you can take it on the go if you’re going camping.
6. If you like the look of grated pumpkin, add a bit to your rice to give it a sort of orange color.
7. I like to cook my rice separately from the hamburger mixture so that all I have to do is eat and enjoy my meal!
Have any Side Effect Of the Hamburger Curry Recipe?
There are no known side effects of this recipe.
1. Add some gravy to the hamburger curry if you want your dish to look more like traditional curry.
2. Using hamburger meat with a little fat can prevent the rice from getting clumpy and hard.
3. If you’re into spicy food, add chili powder or hot sauce to taste!
4. If you’re cooking for a large group, try cooking all the ingredients except the hamburger meat in a slow cooker. Then add the meat when you get home. The rice will be soft, and you can eat it right away!
How To Make Hamburger Curry Step By Step
Add 3 cups of water and let it simmer for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add your hamburger meat and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Is It Healthy?
This dish is healthy because it contains only rice and vegetables, not meat. However, if you want to add some meat to your meal, you might have a heart attack from all of the fat!
This hamburger curry recipe is one of many different ways to use hamburgers in a delicious curry dish. But, unfortunately, this is the unique way to make it, mainly because it uses a burger that’s been boiled and then added to the sauce!
If you want to make your hamburger curry sauce, try red curry instead! It’s easy to make and tastes great.