Haitian Cake Recipe is a recipe for a cake that uses flowers, oranges, and baking powder as its main ingredients.
The ingredients are mixed and beaten together. After the mixture has been integrated, it is shaped into a cake pan.
This shape is then baked to make the cake more flavorful while cooking in the oven. After they are cooked in the range that they become fluffy and delicious! This Haitian recipe can also be found on Wikipedia here.
How to make Haitian Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sugar (1c sugar/ cup)
- 8 oz. butter or margarine (about ½ cube)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour (1 cup)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tbs salt
- ½ tbs cinnamon, optional, or 1 tsp cloves.
1. Place each egg in a small bowl.
2. Beat each egg with 1 cup sugar until well blended. (This is to cook some flavor into the eggs, so they mix better with everything else).
3. Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan on medium heat, constantly stir until melted and bubbling.
4. Add flour, salt, and baking powder to the melted butter/margarine mixture and stir until blended. (You can use a room temperature hand mixer, electric beaters, or even a whisk.
5. Pour melted butter/margarine mixture into a spoon, add the vanilla, and stir it in with the flour mixture.
6. Pour batter into greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
7. Carefully remove from oven and cool on a rack before icing or serving.
Nutrition facts of Haitian Cake Recipe
Health benefits of Haitian Cake Recipe
1. The triple-whipped egg whites help create the airy texture in this cake
2. It has a very low-calorie count, which helps you lose excess weight
3. It can be enjoyed by people who are on a diet and need to regulate their food intake.
4. It is very healthy for people who are diabetic to consume because it contains little sugars
5. It is an easy alternative for those who want to bake without using commercial powdered products.
6. It is a great dessert for those who want to eat during the week.
7. It is a very tasty snack that people who are on the go can enjoy.
Perfect 8 Freezing Ideas of Haitian Cake Recipe
1. Freeze the cake in individual servings for easy heating in the microwave.
2. Freeze the cake with all of the ingredients except separating the eggs, whipping them, and adding them to the batter. This will easily allow you to make more than one cake from this recipe.
3. Freeze this cake after cooking and cool, but before icing or serving it to family or friends.
4. Freeze the cooked and cooled cake and place it in the refrigerator.
5. Freeze the uncooked batter in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and store it in the freezer for up to three months.
6. Making an ice cream cake by placing your cake into a 9×13 inch rectangular pan that has been buttered and then freezing it for about three hours until frozen solid,
then topped with either homemade strawberry or vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or powdered sugar.
7. Freeze the cake for about an hour (or until it is semi-frozen) and then separate it into two layers.
The top layer can be covered with a mixture of sweetened whipped cream and chopped nuts, while the bottom layer can be topped with a combination of sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries.
8. Serving the dessert with added ice cream on top, fresh strawberries, or fresh blueberries.
Is It Healthy?
Haitian Cake Recipe is good for people who have diabetes because it has a low-calorie count, which will help them lose weight.
This recipe is also very healthy for people on a diet because it contains little sugars. It takes little time to prepare and can be eaten as a snack while on the run.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Haitian Cake Recipe is not suitable for heart patients because it does not have a lot of fat and cholesterol, which helps regulate good cholesterol.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please leave a comment in the box below; you can also send me an email through the address below.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Haitian Cake Recipe is not suitable for pregnant women because it has traces of cholesterol, harming the fetus.
Is It Safe To Eat?
Anyone can eat Haitian Cake Recipe, but you should avoid eating it if you are allergic to eggs, gluten, or excessive sugars.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Haitian Cake Recipe is not gluten-free because it contains flour.
Is It Vegan?
Haitian Cake Recipe is not vegan because it contains butter and eggs.
The Bottom Line
Haitian Cake Recipe is an easy recipe that can be made in under a half-hour. It is a very tasty cake that you can enjoy by simply heating it in the microwave or by cooking it into the oven until it is cooked.
You should avoid eating this cake if you are allergic to any main ingredients. This Haitian Cake Recipe takes little time to prepare, which helps you eat it on the go.
It contains very little sugar and cholesterol, which will help regulate good cholesterol levels in your body.