The grilled asparagus recipe in foil is a simple and healthy side dish. It is a dish where the asparagus spears are coated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs. These ingredients are then marinated before they are wrapped in a foil packet that is then placed on the grill. This works best when grilling outdoors because it allows for more flavor to be given to the food.
This recipe is very easy and a great way to cook asparagus that is not boiled. The marinade also stops the asparagus from turning the color of the grill. It does not use any oil because it is seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs.
Although it does not use oil, it does make for an amazing taste when grilling. I would recommend this dish for those looking for a healthier dinner option or as a side dish that uses simple ingredients when making dinner at home.
It is delicious and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. This is also an easy way to get kids to eat vegetables because they will like the flavorful taste and enjoy eating it like any other grilled dish.
How To Make Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil?
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 pound asparagus stalks trimmed
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 8 teaspoons butter cut into small pieces
- Cooking spray
- lemon wedges for serving optional
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Medium Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt to tasted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pepper to Taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
1. Turn on the grill to medium heat.
2. Spray the cooking spray on a large piece of foil that has been placed in a baking dish.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil with butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl.
4. Place asparagus spears onto foil and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil (separated from the butter mixture).
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add 1 Tablespoon of the butter-oil mixture on top of the asparagus (separated from the olive oil mixture). Add Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder on top.
7. Wrap asparagus in foil and place on grill for about 20 minutes or until done.
8. Serve with lemon wedges and garlic bread for a delicious side dish.
Nutrition Facts Of Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil
- Calories: 206
- Protein: 3.2 gm
- Total Carbohydrates: 28.4 gm
- Fat: 10.6 gm
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 gm
- Cholesterol: 17.8 mg
- Sodium: 584 mg
- Fiber: 5.9 grs
Best 5 Benefits Of Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil
1. It also contains chlorophyll that helps in detoxification of the body and is bactericidal.
2. It is also a natural diuretic and helps in removing harmful toxins from the body.
3. Asparagus contains folate and vitamin K that are helpful in the development of blood cells.
4. It is also rich in manganese that helps in the proper utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins as well as the synthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol, and proteins
5. It is low in calories, with just 17 calories per cup serving of boiled asparagus.
Can I Freeze Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil?
Yes, you can freeze it. Make sure that it is air-tight, and then you can put it in the freezer for 4 months. It is best to keep it in the fridge for about a week for maximum freshness. But you can freeze it and use it as needed.
How Can I Serve Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil?
You can serve it as a side dish to steak or chicken. You can also serve this as a snack along with your favorite dip or dressing. Or, if you want to cook a complete meal, you can grill this along with pork chops and have a delicious dinner with your family.
Is Grilled Asparagus Recipe In Foil Good For Everybody?
Yes, Grilled asparagus recipe in foil is good for everybody because it is made with ingredients that are low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It is also rich in iron, vitamin A, potassium, and dietary fiber. You can serve it to your family or friends as a dinner meal or a snack along with their favorite dip or dressing because of its rich taste.
How To Avoid Chipping Of The Grill When Grilling Asparagus?
1. Brush the grill with Spritzer. Cooking Spray before grilling asparagus.
2. Place foil on the non-stick side so that asparagus will not stick.
3. Place a grill rack on top of a baking sheet to catch fat, oil, and drippings from the meat.
Grilled asparagus is a tasty and simple side dish you can make for dinner or eat as a snack. You can also make it as a bruschetta or bruschetta recipe, which is simply grilled Italian bread smeared with olive oil, garlic, and spices, such as basil and oregano.
You can also use it in pasta recipes such as Baked Ziti with Asparagus Recipe or Baked Pasta with Sausage and Asparagus Recipe, just to name a few.
I hope this post helped you; if you like this post, don’t forget to share it on social media. If you have any queries or feedback, let us know by commenting below.