The green curry fried rice recipe is one of the most popular dishes in Thailand that is widely served by street vendors, fried rice stands, and food courts. The green curry Thai rice recipe is a dish with a lot of color and flavor.
The green curry fried rice recipe consists of four main ingredients: cooked jasmine rice, green curry paste, coconut milk, and shrimp or chicken. The first three ingredients are mixed in a wok to create the main dish.
It is then topped with shredded cabbage, sliced green onions, and fried eggs. Lastly, it is garnished with a sprinkling of cilantro. Many versions of green curry in Thailand differ in their particular ingredients. Some have fresh vegetables, while others have only Thai basil.
The original recipe requires shrimp and chicken to be cooked along with the paste, but this kind of dish can also be made using beef or fish. Let’s find out today what ingredients to make this recipe, how long it takes, and how to make it.
How To Make Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 150g chicken, or another protein of your choice, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp soy sauce or fish sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (for chicken marinade)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1-1.5 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup veggies of your choice, small dice
- 1 1/2 kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 300 g cooked white rice
- ½ cup Thai basil
1. Marinate chicken with soy sauce and 1 tsp fish sauce in a bowl. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients for the green curry paste, 1 tsp fish sauce, and sugar to create a paste resembling lumpy runny green curry. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok until it is hot. Add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the wok.
4. Add the chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Add the green curry paste and cook for 1 minute to color slightly.
6. Remove chicken from the wok and set it aside in a bowl, keeping two pieces of chicken for garnishing your own green curry fried rice recipe
7. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp vegetable oil to the wok, add the kaffir lime leaves, ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
8. Add the veggies and stir fry until cooked through.
9. Add the chicken back into the wok and mix well with the veggies.
10. Add half a can of coconut milk and stir gently to mix evenly.
11. Season with 1 tsp fish sauce and cook for 1 minute more.
12. Mix in the cooked rice and 2 Tbsp of chopped Thai basil.
13. Transfer the green curry and rice mixture to a serving plate and arrange the garnishing ingredients at the side of the plate, as shown in the picture below.
14. Garnish with fried egg, more Thai basil, and sliced green onion
15. Serve immediately as a main dish, or serve with a side of steamed rice for a more filling meal.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Apart from the chicken and the green curry paste, you can use any protein in this recipe. You can replace the chicken breast if you are not eating meat – your green curry fried rice will still taste great.
Nutrition Facts Of Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe
- Calories: 489
- Fat: 22 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5 g
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe
1. Green Curry is an excellent source of iron.
2. Green Curry is an excellent source of Vitamin A, which helps keep the skin clear and protects your eyes from diseases like night blindness.
3. Green Curry contains many antioxidants which protect your body from harmful free-radical damage and other diseases like cancer and helps to fight premature aging.
4. Green curry has a large amount of Vitamin C, which can help keep colds and the flu at bay.
5. Green Curry has long been used as a remedy for upset stomachs and diarrhea.
Can I Freeze The Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. As this dish is made with simple ingredients, the easiest way to freeze it is to divide it into small portions and place it in a freezer-safe container. Let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours before eating.
Is The Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe Good For Everybody?
Yes, this dish is good for everybody. Most Thai dishes are made with various herbs, spices, and meat. This gives people many options to choose from and makes each meal healthy and delicious.
How To Store Green Curry Fried Rice Recipe?
You can store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to a week. However, you may want to freeze it for several months, as it keeps well in the freezer.
This recipe makes a healthy, quick, and delicious meal that you can enjoy with your family or friends any day of the week. No matter how you have it, this dish is sure to satisfy your hunger and give you the vitamins and minerals your body needs for a healthy life.
I hope you have enjoyed the green curry fried rice recipe. Remember to share this recipe with your friends and family.
I wish you good luck in making this dish. If you need any help or want to give me some feedback, either leave a comment down below.
Thanks for reading it!