Green Banana Curry Recipe! The main ingredient in this recipe is green banana. This dish comprises a vegetable curry mixed with cumin, turmeric, coriander, ginger, and garlic.
This recipe has many variations depending on the ingredients that are chosen at the end. This vegetable is available in almost all restaurants in India. It can be cooked with rice or dosa.
This is one of the most popular dishes in the southern states of India. The preparation of this dish is quite simple, and it takes only 25 minutes to cook. This dish is low in calories and can be a great variant for those trying to lose weight.
This dish also has good nutritional value as it is made up of vegetables, spices, and proteins which give you energy from your body’s own fat stores and prevent you from feeling hungry. Let’s find out how quickly this recipe can be made at home.
How To Make Green Banana Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
Serves: 4-5 servings.
- 4 big green bananas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, grated turmeric (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind sauce/paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can of coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the green bananas in half, lengthwise, and arrange them, cut-side up, on baking sheets.
2. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
4. Stir in ginger and turmeric; sauté for 1 minute more. Add mustard seeds; sauté for 30 seconds more.
5. Add the coconut and tamarind; stir. Stir in the green bananas and cilantro; cook for about 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat, taste, and season with salt if desired. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Of Green Banana Curry Recipe
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrates: 42 grams
- Sugars: 9 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Sodium: 386 milligrams
- Potassium: 789 milligrams
5 Amazing Serving Suggestions For Green Banana Curry Recipe
2. Serve in tortillas with raita and chutney for a scrumptious wrap.
3. Top with shredded coconut to make the dish more traditional and delicious.
4. Serve with tomato and fruit chutney for a sweet-and-sour taste.
5. Make it into a soup by thinning the sauce with chicken broth or vegetable stock.
What Are The Benefits Of Green Bananas?
The green bananas are not only low in fat but also provide high amounts of antioxidants and other nutrients.
These antioxidants will help protect your body from diseases in the future. The vitamin C content is also very high, which helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
There is also lots of fiber, lowering the risk of heart diseases and cancer. Additionally, green bananas are low glycemic – there are no effects on blood sugar levels if you eat them with meals.
Is Cooked Green Banana Good For You?
Cooked green banana is very good for you since it lowers the risk of many diseases such as diabetes and heart diseases. These bananas have so many health benefits in them and have so-called super fruits like Vitesse Bars.
Eating it will lower your cholesterol levels, boost the immune system and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
This fruit is considered the “nutritious” fruit, since it has a high level of antioxidants and minerals that can help prevent many diseases from occurring in the future.
Do Green Bananas Give You Diarrhea?
Green bananas may give you diarrhea if you consume them in large quantities. Eating too many of them can create stomach upsets, vomiting, and diarrhea.
So if you want to get rid of those symptoms, eat green bananas in moderation. You should also eat foods that contain lots of fiber with the fruit. The fiber will help your digestive system absorb nutrients from the banana instead of getting into your colon and causing diarrhea.
Are Green Bananas Hard To Digest?
Green bananas are not hard to digest. They have a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fats, so your stomach can process them easily.
The only issue with green bananas is that they can sometimes come with symptoms like diarrhea or upset stomach. This is because you consume too much of them at once and keep the fruit in your stomach for too long.
If you are looking for ways to lose weight, you should consider including this recipe in your menu. It will help you to lower your weight and make you feel full for a long time.
You can also add new spices that will give different flavors to the dish. It may not be an easy dish to make, but if you keep trying and follow some of the tips provided here, it will become one of your favorite ones!