Goldilocks Mocha Cake Recipe. A fluffy, moist, and chocolatey cake. This is a rich chocolate cake that can be enjoyed with a lovely hot cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, cook it in the morning and store the cooled cake in an airtight container for later in the day.
How to make Goldilocks Mocha Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or espresso powder (optional)
1. Mix the sour cream and vanilla until thoroughly blended in a small bowl. Set aside. Put the flour in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Whisk in the baking powder, salt, and instant coffee (if using). Set aside.
3. Put the eggs, sugar, and egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl. Beat with a hand-held mixer on medium speed until pale and light. Add the sour cream mixture and beat at low speed until combined (do not overbeat).
4. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour (batter will be thick). Beat for 30 seconds after each addition of flour is made to ensure no lumps remain in the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch round baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25 minutes or until the cake tests are done with a skewer prong inserted in the center.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before frosting.
Nutrition facts of Goldilocks Mocha Cake Recipe
Health Benefits of Goldilocks Mocha Cake Recipe
The egg yolks in this recipe will give you a lot of nutrition. Just because they are like the cholesterol police doesn’t mean you can eliminate them from your diet.
Egg yolks contain vitamins (including vitamin D), minerals, and choline, an important nutrient for the brain.
Choline is also good at reducing inflammation, which is why there’s some evidence it could help reduce asthma symptoms. Overall, any way of incorporating egg yolks in your diet is probably a good call.
5 Great Serving Ideas of Goldilocks Mocha Cake Recipe
1. Serve the cake as is.
2. Serve the cake with a scoop of ice cream.
3. Serve this Mocha Cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
4. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top before serving this cake (optional).
5. Serve slices of warm Goldilocks Mocha Cake to your loved ones on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Eve (optional).
Can I Freeze It?
The cake can be frozen up to 1 month in advance. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Is This Cake For Someone Special?
If your special someone likes coffee, they will love this Mocha Cake Recipe. I remember visiting Starbucks years ago and ordering Mocha Cakes for us to share after shopping in Virginia Beach. The moist chocolate cake with its rich mocha icing was delicious.
I have been making this Mocha Cake Recipe for years. This recipe is originally from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
If you try this recipe, taste it, and love it, please come back and give the recipe a star rating or leave a comment. Thank you and happy cooking!
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this Mocha Cake is surprisingly healthy. According to the USDA Nutrient Database, the cake contains vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
The cake has a high amount of Vitamin B6 (2% DV) and Vitamin B12 (28% DV). The cake also has a moderate amount of Potassium (3% DV) and Phosphorus (3% DV).
Is It A Quick Recipe?
This Mocha Cake only takes 30 minutes to make. Prep time is only 10 minutes, and the cake is ready to eat in less than 15 minutes. The cake also takes 50 to 55 minutes to bake at 350 F.
Similar Recipes You Might Like
1. Chocolate Latte Cupcakes Recipe 2. Red Velvet Mocha Cake Recipe 3. Mocha Banana Cake Recipe 4. Pumpkin Snack Cake Recipe 5.
Carrot Cake Recipe 6. Mocha Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe 7. Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Frosting 8. Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How to store?
This Mocha Cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Where Can I buy Nutritional Yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a convenient food for vegans and non-vegans alike. It can be sold from 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 cup and is extra healthy,
although not a replacement for regular yeast flakes. Instead of the main ingredient, you should use it as a condiment or topping on your food.
The Bottom Line
This cake is soft and moist, and the mocha frosting is rich and creamy. This is a great cake to serve on special occasions or when you have guests over.
Do not forget to add a heart-shaped candle on top of the cake before serving if it’s for someone special (optional).