German Applesauce Cake Recipe is a moist and fluffy cake that’s easy to make, especially if you’ve got a stand mixer. It has a delicious lemon-flavored topping, making this cake the perfect dessert for fall.
This is an updated and improved recipe from my auntie’s cookbook, which I shared many years ago.
German Applesauce Cake Recipe is a simple recipe, but it’s not too difficult or intense to make. It’s perfect for making this dessert during the fall months when apples are at their peak.
This recipe is so moist that it’s impossible to get a dry cake out of it.
How To Make German Applesauce Cake Recipe?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- lemon glaze
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or margarine (optional)
Step 1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake. Whip until you have a smooth consistency.
Step 2. Pour the batter into greased and lightly floured square cake pan (about 10x 10 inches). Step 3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cooldown bread on the wire rack.
What Does Adding Applesauce To Cake Do?
Applesauce is a wonderful addition to cakes because it adds moisture and lightens the texture. Applesauce is great for dense and heavy cakes since it makes the texture lighter.
There are so many different kinds of applesauce on the market, and it’s pretty easy to make your own, which I will show you how to do.
Applesauce is also an alternative to oil or butter in a cake recipe, so if you’re looking for a healthier option, using applesauce in place of oil or butter could be an alternative worth considering. The result will be a flavorful treat that’s moist and delicious.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
How Do You Freeze Applesauce Cake?
The best way to freeze this cake is by laying it flat and frozen, not to be crumbs stuck to the pan. Once you have wrapped the frozen cake in foil, you can put it in the freezer.
The cake will keep for about 3 months. It would help if you stored the cake at around 0 degrees Celsius not to get damaged. Remember to remove the frozen cake from the freezer 2 hours before serving it.
10 Healthy Benefits German Applesauce Cake Recipe
1. Applesauce contains a high amount of antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals damage the body’s cells, causing illness and even cancer.
2. Applesauce contains a large amount of pectin, which helps to reduce cholesterol, improve digestion, and boost immunity.
3. Applesauce is a good source of fiber which promotes healthy digestion and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.
4. Applesauce contains a large amount of pectin, which helps reduce cholesterol, improve digestion, and boost immunity.
5. Applesauce is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, improving brain function and maintaining proper brain function for healthy aging.
6. Applesauce helps lower cholesterol levels by increasing the HDL or “good” cholesterol in the body.
7. Applesauce is a good source of fiber which promotes healthy digestion and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.
8. Applesauce is a good source of fiber which promotes healthy digestion and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels. The fiber in applesauce helps to improve blood sugar levels, lower triglyceride levels, and help prevent obesity.
9. Applesauce contains a high amount of pectin, which helps to reduce cholesterol and improve digestion.
10. Applesauce contains a large amount of pectin, which helps to reduce cholesterol, improve digestion, and boost immunity.
How To Store German Applesauce Cake Recipes?
You can store this cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How To Freeze German Applesauce Cake Recipe?
You can freeze this cake in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How Do You Thaw Frozen German Applesauce Cake Recipes?
You can thaw the frozen cake on the counter for 24 hours or in the refrigerator overnight. German Applesauce Cake Recipe is a simple recipe, but it’s not too difficult or intense to make.
As you can see, baking with applesauce is a great alternative to using oil or butter in cakes and other baked goods. It’s not only healthier for you, but it tastes delicious as well. This German Applesauce Cake Recipe is fun to make, but it will be a great hit at your next dinner party.
German Applesauce Cake Recipe is an awesome snack or dessert. You can store it in the refrigerator or freezer to use later on. This will require a lot of your time, but you’re going to enjoy this recipe as much as you have when you try it out.
German Applesauce Cake Recipe is very delicious and one of the best homemade cakes you will ever make for your family and friends.