The Fish curry recipe in Malayalam is one of Kerala’s most popular dishes. It is eaten on more than one occasion. Fish curry is a dish that belongs to South Indian cuisine and is typically cooked with coconut medium.
Here is our recipe for fish curry, which we will share in Malayalam. It is made with white fish, coconut milk, thick gravy, and soft spices and served with boiled rice.
My mother is the biggest fish and curry lover. She will serve her friend or family a fish curry (papaya it was called then) every time she visits them. This is one of a kind recipe that every home should have.
The method and the ingredients used to prepare fish curry are given below.
How To Make Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 40 gms whole coriander seeds
- 60 gms whole red chili
- 10 ml coconut oil
- 1 gram of mustard seeds
- 10 gms onion chopped
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 5 ml tamarind pulp
- 5-gram coriander chopped
- 120 gms seabass fish curry cuts
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard. When it splutters, add curry leaves and red chili.
2. Add onion and fry until it turns pink. Now add the coriander seeds, fry for a minute, and pour the boiling water on both sides of the masala.
3. Cover with a lid and let them boil for about 10 minutes until the water dries up completely.
4. Now add coconut milk, tamarind pulp, salt to taste, and fish pieces to the masala collected above.
5. Cook covered for another 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, garnish and serve hot with rice.
Fish curry will be ready in 15-20 minutes following the above method. It tastes great if served with hot rice/roti accompanied by a homely soup/cuisine(puzhukku) for lunch or dinner and any time you like to have it during mealtime.
Nutrition Facts Of Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam
- Calories: 99
- Fat: 7.7 gm
- Protein: 3.7 gm
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
- Iron: 2.4 mg
- Carbohydrate: 2.2 gm
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 gm
- Saturated Fatty Acid: 5.4 gm
- Monounsaturated Fatty Acid: 2.9 gm
- Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid : 0
5 Amazing Serving Ideas For Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam
1. Serve it with freshly cooked hot rice.
2. Serve it with puukko(curry, rasam, and sambar) for lunch or dinner.
3. Serve it with boiled potato/ elephant foot yam/kumkumaya(spicy vegetable).
4. Serve it with raw banana and jaggery(brown sugar, palm sugar) at home as a dessert. (a simple dish but tastes great!)
5. Serve it with a mixed vegetable/sambar at home.
Is Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam Good For Everybody?
Yes, it is. Fish curry is a dish that can be served as a salad or side dish in various cuisines. We recommend you will try the fish curry recipe with the normally healthy and tasty combinations of fish.
Do You Have Any Other Tips For Make Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam?
Use milder vegetables like cucumber and cabbage to make it milder (as there will be strong spices used in this fish curry recipe).
The fish pieces can be replaced with easily available varieties like Karime, snake gourami, shad, and tilapia to make them more nutritious and healthy.
Can I Freeze Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam?
You can make it ahead and freeze it. The fish curry recipe can be stored in the freezer and consumed at a later time. The method to make fish curry is variable and simple so that you can make it in an instant.
How Long Does Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam Last?
It will keep for a week or 2 if refrigerated as per instructions.
What If I Cannot Get The Fish?
You can make it with other types of fish like catfish, prawns, and mussels.
This may not be suitable for sensitive stomachs, people, and kids. So, always adjust quantities to suit your tastes and avoid unwanted reactions.
Does Fish Curry Recipe In Malayalam Have Gluten?
Not really. But under a microscope, it has a good amount of wheat flour present, which makes a great variation in gluten-free diet plans.
Fish curry recipe in Malayalam is one of the most popular dishes in Kerala. It is eaten on more than one occasion. Fish curry is a dish that belongs to South Indian cuisine and is typically cooked with coconut medium.
A simple dish with a great taste, this fish curry will pass you off as a great chef at home with an added touch of your creativity.