Faidleys crab cake recipe is a delicious and easy way to cook crab meat. You can make this recipe with either fresh or canned crab meat. The key to the recipe is making sure that all the ingredients are mixed well and thoroughly combined.
This will ensure an even baking process and result in an excellent tasting crab cake bursting with flavor and texture.
It is best to prepare a batch of these crab cakes ahead of time and refrigerate them until you are ready to eat them. This will ensure that they stay moist and flavorful as they cook.
How To Make Faidleys Crab Cake Recipe?
- 1 pound crab meat, either fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 ounces soft white bread crumbs, dried if possible
- 1 tablespoon of powdered dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Light seasoning salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Step-1. Combine the eggs and the dry mayonnaise in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine the crab meat, flour, salt, pepper, and whisk in another bowl.
Step-2. Add this mixture to the mayonnaise mixture. Combine all of these ingredients well and thoroughly. You want to make sure that all ingredients are well combined so that an even baking process can be achieved.
Step-3. Place the bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Drain off any excess liquid from the crab cake mixture and gently fold it into the bread crumbs. You want to make sure that you end up with a nice, moist texture that is easy to form into patties but still crisp on the outside!
Step-4. Shape the crab cake mixture mounds into patties and set them on a plate until all of your crab cakes are formed.
Step-5. Grill the crab cakes on your BBQ until they are an even brown on both sides.
Step-6. Place the prepared crab cakes back in the oven until all of them are hot and cooked through.
The finished Faidleys crab cake recipe.
Nutrition Facts Of Faidleys Crab Cake Recipe
Serving size 1 crab cake
Great 5 Freezing Ideas Of Faidleys Crab Cake Recipe
1. Freeze the crab cakes until they are firm, and then wrap them individually in plastic freezer wrap. You do not want to add too much moisture to the crab cake, or it will become soggy when frozen.
2. Thaw for about 15 minutes at room temperature, then put them back in the freezer, where they will continue to freeze solid.
3. Freeze crab cakes in individual portions and transfer them to freezer bags. This way, they can be easily removed from the freezer and thawed later when you are ready to eat.
4. Place frozen crab cakes on greased baking sheets, cover with tin foil and place them in your freezer for about 30 minutes to harden completely before serving.
5. Once cooled, put a single layer of crab cake mounds into ice cube trays or small plastic containers so that they can be easily removed from the freezer.
Is It Healthy?
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s a healthy, low fat, and low carbohydrate recipe. Another reason that this crab cake recipe is so beneficial is because it uses mayonnaise as the main flavoring ingredient.
Mayonnaise has countless health benefits, including being one of the best natural sources to boost your immune system and fight cancer.
How To Store?
Once the Faidleys crab cake recipe is prepared, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The only thing that should not be stored is to lose its fluffiness and crispness once it is cooked.
Is It Healthy For Pregnant Women?
Since this recipe is a healthy crab cake recipe, it is also a good choice for pregnant women. However, pregnant or not, this crab cake recipe is complete and balanced with vitamins and nutrients that your body needs.
The best thing about this recipe is that it can easily be modified or tailored to your diet. If you are on a sodium-restricted diet, you can remove the addition of salt from the basic recipe to ensure that you are getting all of the flavors without all of the sodium.
Is It Healthy For Diabetics?
People with diabetes, or people who watch their diet and blood sugar level, can enjoy this crab cake recipe. It doesn’t contain any carbohydrates, but mayonnaise helps control the blood sugar level in people with diabetes.
Is It Healthy For Heart Patients?
Heart patients can also enjoy this easy-to-make crab cake recipe. Since there is no cholesterol in it, it does not affect the cholesterol level of your heart. You should refrain from adding any salt to the recipe because it will raise the blood pressure of a heart patient.
Faidleys crab cakes are a versatile dish that is simple to make and tastes great. It is also healthy, low fat, and low carbohydrate, making it a great choice for dietary restrictions.
You may want to add seasonal vegetables such as corn, green beans, or tender new potatoes to give this dish a little more flavor. This crab cake recipe also goes well with salad greens and lemon wedges.
So, now you can easily learn Faidleys crab cake recipe. I hope you will do it and enjoy the taste and flavor of this crab cake recipe.
If you want to share your recipe experience, please do it in the comment box.