Egg Curry Recipe with Coconut is a delicious dish for any occasion but is particularly popular during Easter. It’s a great way to enjoy the beautiful flavors at home. This article will teach you how to make a perfect Egg Curry Recipe with Coconut.
How to make an egg curry recipe with coconut?
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 – 6 people
Ingredients for egg curry recipe with coconut
- 4-5 Eggs (boiled)
- 8-10 Shallots, chopped finely
- 3 Dry Red Chilli/ Without Stem, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of grated Coconut.
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder.
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder.
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder.
- 3 tbsp Curd/Yogurt/Dahi.
- 1 tbsp Oil OR Ghee(Optional).
- Salt to taste.
- 1 Lemon Size Tamarind Paste(Optional).
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk.
1. To make the curry paste, we need to grind the Shallots and Red Chilli (Optional). Add Turmeric Powder. Add Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, and Coconut Grated. Grind it into a fine paste. Set aside.
2. Heat oil or Ghee(optional) at a high flame in a pan and add onions till they turn translucent. (Avoid onions from burning). Add Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, and Tamarind Paste(Optional). Saute for a minute.
3. Add 2 Cups of Water, Salt to taste and bring it to boil on high flame. Add the ground Paste that we made above and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame, stirring continuously.
4. Add the boiled eggs(Cut into halves or quarters). Mix well, cover, and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Now add Curd/Yogurt(Dahi), and stir well. Cover again and cook till the gravy thickens a bit more.
6. Now add Coconut milk. Mix well, cover, and cook for 2 more minutes on low flame.
7. Your Egg Curry Recipe with Coconut is ready to serve. Serve it with steamed rice or Chapathi/Roti. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts of egg curry recipe with coconut
Protein: 12 gms
Carbohydrates: 9 gms
Fat: 13.5 gms
Fiber: 0.3 gms
7 health benefits of egg curry recipe with coconut
Here are the best 7 health benefits of the egg curry recipe with coconut:
1. Promote Weight Loss:
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and contain a good amount of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. They help promote weight loss and maintain healthy body weight by balancing metabolism.
2. Aids Weight Gain:
Eggs are a rich source of essential nutrients and are an important part of a balanced diet. Eggs fulfill the daily requirement for essential nutrients like fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. They aid in weight gain in babies and children who need to put on weight rapidly.
3. Prevent Cancer:
Eggs prevent colon, lung, and prostate cancer because they contain choline which stops the development of cancer cells inside the body.
4. Prevent Heart Diseases:
Eggs are an excellent source of cholesterol and fat and contain fewer carbohydrates and proteins, making them good for heart health. They are a good source of Thiamine, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, and Selenium, which help prevent heart diseases.
5. Lower Cholesterol:
Eggs reduce the level of bad cholesterol and prevent heart-related diseases. They are a rich source of Omega 3 and 6, known as antioxidants. If consumed regularly, eggs also help lower bad cholesterol levels.
6. Protect Skin from Sunburn:
Eggs reduce the skin’s exposure to ultraviolet rays and help prevent wrinkles, discoloration, skin aging, and burning. Eggs are considered an excellent source of Vitamin A and D, promoting skin health.
7. Build Immunity:
Eggs contain lots of iron which boosts the immune system to fight against germs and disease.
Can I Freeze the egg curry recipe with coconut?
Yes, you can freeze it. You can crush the shallots and chili and freeze them for a few days. Then, when you are ready to eat, take it out from the freezer and heat it in a pan with a little oil or Ghee.
When do you add coconut milk to egg curry?
You can add coconut milk when the gravy thickens up. It will add taste to it.
Is the egg curry recipe with coconut good for heart patients?
Yes, it is. It is rich in cholesterol which is good for the heart. It is rich in lipase, which is good for the heart.
Is the egg curry recipe with coconut good for everybody?
Yes, it is. It is rich in cholesterol and fat, which are good for everybody. It is rich in thiamine and vitamin B6, phosphorus, and selenium which are good for everybody.
Can you cook an egg curry recipe with coconut without oil?
Yes. You can prepare it without using any extra oil. This recipe will contain less oil, though.
Is the egg curry recipe with coconut healthy?
Yes, it is. It has zero cholesterol, and cholesterol is very healthy for your heart. It is rich in thiamine, vitamin B6, phosphorus, and selenium which are very healthy. It is rich in protein MCT, and it is very healthy. It is good for your hair and skin.
How can you make an egg curry recipe with coconut perfect?
If you want to make a perfect egg curry recipe with coconut, you must crush the shallots and chili into a fine paste. You can use a mortar and pestle for this or use a grinder. You can use coconut oil or Ghee instead of oil. You can add just 2 eggs to the curry.
What is the best way to use the egg curry recipe with coconut?
You can use this Indian egg curry recipe with coconut in many ways.
Method 1: You can serve the egg curry recipe with coconut as breakfast, and it tastes great with a cup of hot tea.
Method 2: You can also warm up the cooked egg curry recipe with coconut in a microwave oven, add some butter, and mix well. Then serve it as a sandwich and enjoy.
How long can I store the egg curry recipes with coconut?
This Indian egg curry recipe with coconut is good for about 1 week when stored in the refrigerator.
Eggs are great for breakfast. They are packed with protein and the right amount of fats, providing energy without causing weight gain. And let’s not forget the omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good for your heart and brain.
I hope you have liked this Egg Curry Recipe with Coconut. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel to comment.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Enjoy your day!