Egg Bhurji curry recipe is a curry that uses eggs to make a rich, creamy sauce that is garnished with crunchy fried onions.
It is traditionally served with rice and other vegetables. This recipe makes an excellent meal that can be used in both Hindu and Muslim cuisines.
The Egg Bhurji curry recipe is a very simple dish that can be made in under 30 minutes with few ingredients except the eggs and oil required for frying the onions. The technique involved in making this dish is quite similar to the one required to make scrambled eggs.
How To Make Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serving: 4 people
- 5 eggs
- 2 onions(finely chopped)
- 2 chilies (chopped)
- 1 tomato(finely chopped)
Ingredients to be ground:
- 3-inch piece of ginger(finely chopped)
- 1 small garlic clove (finely chopped )
- 2 small green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
Ingredients to be fried:
–> Half cup of oil(to be used for frying)
1. To make the Egg Bhurji curry recipe, first grind the ginger, garlic, and green chilies in a motor with the help of a blender or food processor.
2. After grinding, add the onions and keep grinding until the onions are chopped into very fine pieces.
3. Next, pour in little water and grind once again. Next, add 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder, and salt to taste.
4. You can also have the Egg Bhurji curry recipe without onion and garlic. Also, instead of using onions, you can use grated coconut as it gives a rich flavor to the Egg Bhurji curry recipe.
5. Once ground all the ingredients, place them all in a bowl and whisk well.
6. In a little oil, add the eggs, mix well until the eggs are all mixed with the spices, and then spread evenly on a plate or baking sheet.
7. After one hour, keep it at room temperature for serving.
8. Finally, heat oil in a pan and fry the Egg Bhurji curry recipe until fully cooked light brown from top to bottom of eggs (about 3-4 minutes).
9. Finally, garnish with green chilies and serve hot with rice or Indian bread like chapati or roti.
Many people add chopped onions to their Egg Bhurji curry recipe, but if you don’t want the extra calories and want to keep the dish low in fat, do not add chopped onions.
A simple egg curry recipe made in chicken broth is also a favorite dish of Bengalis during breakfast. Egg Bhurji curry is a favorite dish of Bengali people as well. This simple egg curry recipe is easy to make with few ingredients.
This Egg Bhurji recipe can be used regularly during all seasons, as they are not just food but also versatile as they can be served as snacks, appetizers, or a main course.
Egg Bhurji Curry can be made in many ways, and this simple way of preparing Egg Bhurji Curry is just the basic fry method, which gives the best taste to your dish.
Nutrition Facts Of Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe
|Calories from Fat||129|
|Calories from Fat||29%|
5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe
1. Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe Is A Good Source Of Protein.
Egg Bhurji curry recipe can be very good for the health as an egg is a good source of protein. Egg Bhurji Curry makes a perfect breakfast or is served with other Indian bread like roti or chapati and plain rice.
2. Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe Is Rich In Calcium, Potassium, And Vitamin B6.
Eggs are rich in vitamin B-6, potassium, and many minerals. Egg Bhurji Curry is a good vitamin B-6, potassium, and calcium source. It is a good source of protein too.
3. Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe Also Has Some Vitamins And Minerals
It contains Vitamin-A, Vitamin B-12, Folate, and Iron. Eggs are rich in proteins, Enzymes, and Vitamins like Vitamin A, Folate, and Iron.
4. Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe Is Rich In Carotenoids.
Eggs are a good source of carotenoids and have high vitamin A and phytonutrients, which offer health benefits.
5. Egg Bhurji Curry Recipe Is A Good Source Of Choline.
Choline is an essential nutrient that helps to protect the liver from harmful substances. Eating eggs regularly helps reduce the risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
Egg Bhurji Curry is a healthy, nutritious breakfast for all and even for children as it keeps one full for a long time and helps in energy-boosting; and has many other benefits like its high protein content.
Is Egg Bhurji Good For Weight Loss?
Egg Bhurji Curry is very good for weight loss. It is savory, delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. Eat this dish as part of your breakfast, and do not miss out on it.
Egg Bhurji Curry is a delicious, savory, and healthy dish to eat, especially during fasting days or other Hindu and Muslim festivals.
How Many Calories Does 2 Egg Bhurji Have?
There are 200 calories in Egg Bhurji, which comes from 10 grams of carbohydrates and 14 grams of protein. Calorie breakdown: 14 percent fat, 72 percent carbs, 14 percent protein.
Is Egg Bhurji Good For Health?
This simple egg curry recipe is a good source of protein. Egg Bhurji Curry makes a perfect breakfast or is served with other Indian bread like roti or chapati and plain rice. You can have this dish as an appetizer or even a main course.
Egg bhurji in Hindi being prepared by adding a few ingredients (onion, garlic, and green chili) is a healthy food item. It is an important part of our diet, and it gives much-needed energy to the body.
Egg Bhurji curry recipe is a good source of carotenoids. Egg contains an antioxidant that shields both eyes and the brain from free radicals. Vitamin A in eggs is extremely important for healthy vision, skin, hair, and fertility.
In addition to the nutritional value, eggs are also economical protein sources with no saturated fat. Eggs are a good source of amino acids and are easy to digest. It can be served as a snack to children with bread or biscuits.