Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe is a delicious and beautiful dessert that will impress any dinner guest.
The cake contains a wonderfully fluffy texture and layers of vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavor.
This cake also has the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors from the strawberries that truly make it one-of-a-kind.
How to make Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature, and separated into whites and yolks
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (can use apple juice) or water to thin the batter if needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
2. In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy; about 30 seconds to 1 minute on high speed in an electric mixer or 4 to 5 minutes with a wooden spoon.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition, for about 30 seconds per egg yolk; then beat another 30 seconds after adding the last egg yolk.
4. Add about 1 cup of the flour mixture, alternating with the orange juice or water, to the butter-sugar mixture at low speed until well blended.
5. Add another 1 cup of the flour mixture to this batter, beating well after each addition and making sure that what is left in the bowl is thoroughly mixed.
6. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted slowly.
7. Fold egg whites into the batter in two additions, mixing until well blended.
8. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
9. Spread batter into a rounded layer over the bottom of the pan and spread batter evenly to the edges of the pan, stopping short of covering it completely – you want your cake to be able to rise slightly in the oven.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a plate and remove the parchment paper.
12. While the cake is cooling, boil a large pot of water and then place strawberries (cut in half), sugar, cornstarch, butter, nutmeg, cardamom, and lemon juice into another pan over medium heat. Boil until it is a syrupy consistency, then cool to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
13. To make the glaze, heat the corn syrup and water together in a small saucepan until it is hot.
Mix the corn syrup and water in a bowl with a whisk until well combined. Add the powdered sugar in one at a time to achieve the desired consistency, adding more if needed.
Add more flavor by adding 1 teaspoon of orange zest or 1 vanilla bean scraped for 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
14. Slice the cake with a sharp knife or cake slice. Drizzle over the glaze and serve immediately.
15. Serve with vanilla or strawberry sauce.
Nutrition facts of Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe
|Calories from Fat||278 (15%)|
|Protein||6.5 g (13%)|
|Carbohydrates||80 g (29%)|
|Cholesterol||192 mg (70%)|
|Sodium||300 mg (13%)|
|Fat||22 g (35%)|
Health Benefits of Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe
The nutritional value is high for its low carbohydrate content (very little sugar), and it does have a good amount of protein.
If you are watching carbohydrates, consider eating a slice without the sauce or adding some vanilla ice cream to lower the carb intake.
It is suitable for diabetes or hypoglycemia as it has only 2g of sugar per serving. It is sweetened with just the right amount of honey, which helps regulate your blood sugar levels. It is a good source of iron, calcium, potassium, and even protein.
Best 6 Freezing Ideas of Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe
1. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
2. Freeze in individual bowls (leave the glaze) and add strawberries and sauce before serving.
3. Take it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature until the thawing point (10 minutes or so).
4. Freeze in a single layer on a baking paper-lined plate, sprinkle with parchment paper after freezing.
5. Freeze in a plastic bag; the bag can be used to seal the cake or stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
6. Freeze on a paper-lined baking tray, freeze until hardened (about 10 minutes), then transfer to a plastic container and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How Much Does Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe Cost?
Edgars Strawberry Cake Recipe costs around $7-$12, depending on where you live compared to what it costs at your local supermarket.
How to store?
Store in an airtight container and keep away from direct sunlight.
How Long to keep?
This cake is best consumed within 1 day as the sponge will become soggy if exposed to moisture or humidity.
How to stay safe and avoid foodborne illness?
Due to the fresh strawberries, this recipe contains a higher risk of foodborne illness due to contamination of the fruit itself, so make sure you wash all produce properly before use to avoid diseases such as ecoli and salmonella.
Is It Healthy?
Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, iron, and calcium. Limit the sugar and use honey as a sweetener.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is.
Edgars Strawberry Cake recipe is a really good choice for people looking for a low-carb cake recipe.
It doesn’t contain much sugar, and it is one of the few low-carb cakes that taste great. This cake provides a good balance of nutrients that may help to support healthy body function and enhance your well-being.