Easy egg curry recipe Kerala style. This is a recipe for egg curry in Kerala style. This is a very easy dish to make and can be served as an evening snack. You need to fry the eggs, add some spices, and serve it with boiled rice or chapati/roti/paratha.
It is very easy to make and packed with lots of nutrition. You can also try this egg curry recipe as a side dish for idly or dosa rice.
This dish is now popular in many countries besides India. Many Indians make this dish because it is easy to make, and everyone in the family will like it.
This is a recipe for Onion fried egg curry. You can also check other curry recipes such as Kadai paneer, rajma masala, rajma chawal, paneer butter masala, etc.
How To Make Easy Egg Curry Recipe Kerala Style?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Boiled Eggs
- 5 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 cups Onion (sliced)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Garlic
- 20-25 Curry Leaves
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, Add Onion and fry till it turns brown.
2. Add Ginger and Garlic paste, Tomato and cook till it gets soft.
3. Add Salt, Turmeric Powder, red chili powder, and Coriander Powder and stir well for a minute.
4. Add Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame, often stirring so that it does not get burnt at the bottom of the pan.
6. Add 4 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add more water if needed. Add fried eggs and garam masala powder and stir well.
8. Then add fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
10. Add coconut oil to a pan, add mustard seeds and fennel seeds, curry leaves, and cook for a minute.
11. Pour this tempering over the egg curry, cover, and turn off the heat.
12. Serve it!
1) You can use Onion instead of Tomato for this recipe too.
2) You can add your favorite vegetables like carrots, peas, etc., to make Egg Curry with Vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Of Easy Egg Curry Recipe Kerala Style
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Protein: 17.5 g
- Cholesterol: 304 mg
- Sodium: 760 mg
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Sugar: 3.4 g
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Easy Egg Curry Recipe Kerala Style
1. Improves Immunity
Due to anti-oxidants like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Selenium, this curry is good for overall Immunity.
2. Heart Healthy
The presence of potassium, calcium, and magnesium helps control heart diseases by lowering blood pressure.
3. Boosts Metabolism
This curry has iron, which makes you feel full for a longer time after eating. Thus it controls overeating and reduces fat storage along with weight loss.
4. Digestive Health
The presence of dietary fiber in it helps in easy and healthy digestion, making you feel comfortable.
5. Improves Eyes Health
As per the Indian Ayurveda, this curry is really good for improving eyesight. It also prevents eye troubles like night blindness, glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc.
Can I Use Coconut Milk In Easy egg curry recipe Kerala style?
Yes, you can use coconut milk in egg curry to give a sweet taste that most of the kids will love.
Can I Use Sesame Seeds In Easy egg curry recipe Kerala style?
Yes, you can use sesame seeds in egg curry to add some crunch and flavor. You can also use poppy seeds and pepper as per your taste.
How Long Does It Take For Eggs To Boil?
Depending on their size, the Easy egg curry recipe Kerala style takes around 7-10 minutes for eggs to boil properly. If you want to hard-boil them, it needs to be in boiling water for 10 minutes, and if you want a soft-boiled one, the time will vary from 4to 6 minutes.
What Goes With Egg Curry?
Easy egg curry recipe Kerala style can be eaten with rice, roti, or chapatti. You can also serve an easy egg curry recipe Kerala style with fried vegetables like brinjal, eggplant, etc. The best combination is with plain rice because it goes well together.
You can also store the egg curry in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and reheat it before eating.
Is Egg Curry Good For Health?
Yes, it is the best source of protein and is full of various vitamins. It also provides high amounts of potassium, iron, and calcium, which are good for the health.
Eggs are also perfect for losing weight as they help control diabetes, high cholesterol, and blood pressure. Egg curry is very easy to make without much effort, and you only need a few ingredients. Try this recipe now to enjoy a healthy dish!
Is Egg Curry Good For Brain Development?
Yes, it is a great food to improve brain development among infants as well as children.
Egg curry is an easy and healthy dish. You can check other egg recipes, such as Kadai paneer, rajma masala, rajma chawal, paneer butter masala, etc., to know more about egg recipes.
If you have any queries regarding this recipe, feel free to ask us in the comment section. We will be happy to help you out!