Dry Curry Recipe is a favorite worldwide and is quite easy to prepare.
With ingredients such as onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and coriander in it, you can create a range of dishes that will give your taste buds a real treat.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the meal, but if you want to take your cooking skills up another level, try out this dry curry recipe.
How to make Dry Curry Recipe
- 8 tablespoons of ghee or unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If you want a spicier curry, add more chili powder or cayenne pepper.
Step 1: Heat the ghee or butter in a saucepan.
Step 2: Add the onion and cook until slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Do not let it brown.
Step 3: Add the garlic and cumin seeds and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Add turmeric, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste, and again cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step 5: Reduce the heat to low and stir in half of the rice/pilaf. Allow simmering gently.
Step 6: Add the remaining rice, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender, stirring often.
Step 7: Serve hot with steaming fresh green vegetables.
Nutrition facts of Dry Curry Recipe
7 Healthy Nutrition of Dry Curry Recipe
1. Dry Curry Recipe is a great antioxidant. It is known to protect the body from cancer. Also, turmeric prevents blood clots and protects the heart from a stroke.
2. The cumin seed has been known to help people relieve gas pain, bloating, and stomach aches caused by indigestion.
3. Garlic has many health benefits, including curing viral infections and lowering cholesterol levels in the body.
4. Ginger is known to fight nausea and helps in the treatment of cancer. It also protects against cold and benefits when it comes to arthritis.
5. Coriander, also known as cilantro or garnish, is a great anti-inflammatory agent helping treat different chronic diseases.
6. You cannot believe how tasty this recipe is. It is amazingly delicious and will make you want to come back for more again and again!
7. This recipe is healthy, easy, and quick to make. You probably have most of the ingredients at home and what you may need is easily available.
Can I Freeze It?
Sure, I freeze most of my cooked food in air-tight containers. This will last up to three months in the freezer and one month in the fridge.
Is It Healthy?
Since Dry Curry Recipe is a dry curry, fresh vegetables should be added. Zucchini and carrots work best along with potatoes. You can also add cubed potatoes, tomato, or corn for extra flavor.
What to Serve With Dry Curry Recipe
Basmati Rice is the perfect side dish with this meal, but you can serve it with any other rice dish or even with plain boiled rice. You can also substitute the cooked rice for steamed dal or cooked basmati rice.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, Dry Curry Recipe is because there is no gluten in this recipe. Also, all of the ingredients used are naturally gluten-free.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes! This recipe is a perfect treat for women who are pregnant. It is also a healthy alternative to meat, loaded with saturated fats.
This is great for pregnant women because it will help them maintain their baby’s iron levels so that the baby will be strong and healthy.
Can Children Eat This?
Yes, because it does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.
Can Diabetics Eat It?
This recipe is low in carbohydrates and is great for people who want to watch their sugar intake.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
It contains ingredients that are known to be healthy for the body. For instance, cumin seeds are naturally good for the heart and are known to lower cholesterol levels, while ginger,
garlic and coriander treat illnesses like indigestion, colds, bloating, and stomach ache caused by indigestion.
Is it Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, this recipe is perfect for people who want to maintain a healthy heart. Studies suggest that people who eat cumin seeds and organic turmeric are less likely to suffer from a heart attack.
What Is The Difference Between Curry Powder And Turmeric?
Curry powder is turmeric with added spices such as coriander, cumin seeds, and chili powder. Therefore, you do not need any curry powder in this recipe because turmeric serves the same purpose.
You can thank me later for coming up with a Dry Curry Recipe, and hopefully, you will get to serve this at your family dinner. It is quite easy to make and if you are not a fan of ginger, try it with the coriander instead.