Dried fig cake recipes are versatile and delicious. Whether you’re looking for a quick, no-bake cake or something special to make with your children, you’ll find a recipe below that’s perfect for you.
Some recipes are made with figs as the main ingredient, while others include figs in a melded mixture of other ingredients. This collection has it all, from starters to desserts, from savory fig cakes to sweet ones!
How To Make Dried Fig Cake Recipes?
Preparation Time: 10–15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
Serves: 4–6 people
Ingredients To Make Dried Fig Cake Recipes
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 oz grated cheese (e.g., cheddar)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dried figs and figs jam to fill the cake (or another filling of your choice)
Method To Make Dried Fig Cake Recipes
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt) in a large bowl.
2. Pour in the beaten eggs and the melted butter. Add the grated cheese. Stir to combine.
3. Divide the mixture between 2 or 3, greased and lined (e.g., parchment paper). Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until the top has browned slightly
4. Set aside and allow to cool completely before removing from pans.
5. Once cooled, fill the cakes with dried figs and marinated figs jam, then place on a plate or serving dish for serving.
Nutrition Fact Of Dried Fig Cake Recipes
Health Benefits Of Dried Fig Cake Recipes
1. Dried figs are high in fiber, manganese, and vitamin K, which help lower your heart disease risk and play a role in blood clotting.
2. Both dried figs and fig jam contain calcium that helps increase bone mineral density.
3. Eating dried figs have also been shown to help fight against breast cancer because they contain antioxidants that inhibit cancer cells’ growth.
4. Dried figs are also known to help fight against kidney stones because of the high amounts of potassium and a compound known as citrate lyase.
5. Dried figs have a low glycemic index (GI), which means that dried figs do not spike your blood sugar. What’s more, dried figs are also low in calories and fat. Therefore, dried figs are ideal for people with diabetes, those trying to lose weight, or anyone else who wants to keep track of their calorie intake.
6. Dried figs are high in calcium, magnesium, vitamin K and potassium. These nutrients have been found to help prevent osteoporosis.
7. It has also been found that dried figs can reduce the risk of gallstones and stave off kidney stones.
8. Eating dried figs have also been shown to help ward off depression and anxiety and relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
9. The anti-inflammatory properties of eating dried figs help manage ulcers, which are painless and take place in the upper abdomen region.
10. Also, eating dried figs has lower blood pressure levels.
11. One of the reasons dried figs are healthy is because they contain numerous nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin K. These nutrients have been found to help prevent bone loss and relieve symptoms of osteoporosis (a disease that can cause bone loss).
12. Dried figs effectively decrease blood pressure levels and, therefore, can help protect against cardiovascular disease.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze dried fig cake recipes. However, dried figs are not suitable for freezing. Instead, store your cakes in an airtight container and enjoy the next day.
Is It Good For Everybody?
Yes, dried figs are good for everyone. However, if you have a medical condition such as peptic ulcers or gallstones (also known as kidney stones), speak to your doctor before eating dried figs.
Is It Healthy To Eat Dried Figs?
Yes, dried figs are high in fibers and nutrients. It’s a healthy treat that any diet will do you good!
What Is The Difference Between Dried Figs And Saffron?
The main difference is that saffron comes from the color of the flower, while dried figs come from a fruit or plant. Saffron is a dye, whereas dried figs are a fruit.
What Are Dried Figs?
Dried figs are small, round fruits that grow in tropical regions such as Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Dried figs contain seeds or “capuli” inside. The fruit is often consumed whole or made into jams and cakes.
It is important to note that it’s not the best for people with diabetes and those trying to lose weight because dried figs are high in calories, fat, and sugar. For this reason, it’s best to consume dried figs in moderation.
I hope this article has provided you with valuable information on dried fig cake recipes. If you have other dried fig cake recipes, I would love to hear about them in the comment section below!