The Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe Recipe has provided the Cracovia community with a variety of mouth-watering sweet treats for generations.
Our signature product is our king cake; a traditional Mardi Gras treat made with a brioche dough and cream cheese filling, iced in buttercream icing & decorated to look like a king or queen.
How to make Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups of bread flour – divided for dough & dusting
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter – melted and cooled to room temperature, but not completely solidified. (We use half butter and half shortening)
- 1 cup of milk at room temperature.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour 3 (8 or 9-inch) cake pans.
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix 2 cups of the bread flour and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
3. Add the yeast, water, egg yolks, and shortening/butter mixture. Using a hand whisk or a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix everything on slow until all the ingredients are combined (it will look like a thick pancake batter).
4. Add the remaining flour, egg whites, salt, and baking powder. Mix everything on slow until combined (about 3-5 minutes).
5. Remove the dough hook and dump the dough onto a well-floured board or countertop. Knead the dough well by hand for an additional 5 minutes, sprinkling on more flour as needed when the dough gets sticky.
6. Place the kneaded dough into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise double its size – about 2 hours.
7. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into 3 equal portions. Roll each dough part out into a 9-inch circle (about 1/4 inch thick).
8. Place one-third of the filling onto each circle and spread evenly across the middle third of each process, where you will be joining it to another piece of dough, leaving about an inch around the edges.
9. Fold the top third of each circle down over the filling, then fold the bottom third up.
10. Place 1/3 of the buttercream icing on each cake, spreading it out evenly.
11. Make a decorative design on each cake with a piping bag or an icing spatula (we use a #12 Wilton tip).
12. Place the first cake on a 9-inch round cake board.
13. Repeat steps 8-11 twice more using the remaining 2 circles of dough & filling, buttercream icing & piping bags, or spatulas.
14. For the final layering, place each completed king cake onto a 9-inch round cake stand that has been covered with parchment paper and then with a large plate or cookie sheet to hold it down (they will weigh about 1 1/2 pounds each).
15. Cover & let rise to double its size (about 1 hour).
16. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
17. Bake each cake for 15 minutes and then rotate them 180 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the king cakes are golden brown – about 35-40 minutes total baking time.
18. Once the cakes are done, remove them from the oven & place them on wire racks to cool for 20 minutes before removing them from their cake stands/sheets.
Nutrition facts of Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe
|Saturated fat||6.4 g|
Health Benefits of Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe
1. Good source of Protein, Vitamin A and 11% Calcium
2. low in Saturated Fat.
3. Good source of Vitamin B6 & Folate
4. Dong Phuong King Cake recipe is rich in niacin, vitamin c, riboflavin, thiamine, and pantothenic acid 5. Dong Phuong King Cake recipe contains fewer calories and fat than other snacks like popcorn, etc.
6. Dong Phuong King Cake recipe is high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat and low in saturated fat.
7. Dong Phuong King Cake recipe is a great carbohydrate source rich in vitamin c, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, niacin, folate, and thiamine.
7 Amazing Serving ideas of Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe
1. Team Dong Phuong King Cake recipe with coffee or tea for breakfast.
2. Have Dong Phuong King Cake recipe with hot chocolate.
3. Have Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe along with your favorite soup or salad for lunch.
4. Have Dong Phuong King Cake recipe as a mid-day snack in between meals.
5. Serve Dong Phuong King Cake recipe and fresh fruit for dessert.
6. Try the Dong Phuong King Cake recipe as a topping on any of your favorite salads or desserts.
7. Bake the Dong Phuong King Cake recipe and use it to stuff it with fruit and nuts for an appetizer or snack.
8. Use the Dong Phuong King Cake recipe to make a bundt cake, cupcakes, angel food cake, etc.
Can I Freeze It?
We do not recommend the freezing King Cake recipe. It will not taste as good when thawed and frozen and possibly moldy if left out too long.
Where Can I Buy King Cake Recipe?
They are available at most bakeries and grocery stores all over the country. If you run out of our Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe,
we strongly recommend purchasing it from the stores where you bought your flour (we buy ours from Supermarkets that keep our local economy thriving).
How To Store?
It is best to store the King Cake recipe at a maintained room temperature and away from humidity. You can refrigerate or freeze King Cake Recipe if necessary, but it will be best if consumed immediately upon purchase.
The Bottom Line
Enjoy your Dong Phuong King Cake Recipe in any way you want – after all, it is a special occasion, and it should be enjoyed one treat at a time.
If you have any questions regarding the Dong Phuong King Cake recipe or its nutrition facts, please do not hesitate and post your questions in the comments section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible with accurate information.