Dominos Lava Cake Recipe has been around for a long time. It originated from Greece and is most likely the first dessert ever created.
It’s a chocolate cake mixed in gooey chocolate pudding, which releases when it bakes.
The name comes from the molten lava-like sauce, ranging from milk to dark chocolate, depending on where you get your recipe.
What Is A Dominos Lava Cake?
A Dominos Lava Cake is a chocolate dessert that originated from Greece but has spread worldwide. It’s a chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate filling that releases when it bakes.
The name comes from the molten “lava” sauce, ranging from milk to dark chocolate, depending on where you get your recipe.
How to make Dominos Lava Cake Recipe
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 8oz. cream cheese softened (1 pack)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water (use only if needed)
1. Mix the cake, vanilla pudding, and softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the softened butter and 4 eggs to the mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
2. Add water if necessary but remember that adding too much will lead to a problem in final consistency and taste.
3. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the chocolate cake batter into the container.
4. Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
5. Make a double boiler by placing a heat-proof bowl over the sauce pan and pouring the boiling water.
6. Add chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla to the bowl of boiling water and mix well till they melt completely (use the microwave if you don’t have a double boiler)
7. Pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the cake batter in the baking dish.
8. Place into a preheated 350-degree oven and cook for 40-50 minutes or until the center springs back when touched with your finger.
9. Cool completely; once cooled, you can refrigerate and serve with toppings of your choice (graham crackers, pineapple, or strawberry sauce) or enjoy as is.
Nutrition facts of Dominos Lava Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||413 g|
|Saturated Fat||150 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||61.4 g|
|Net Carbs||18.6 g|
Health Benefits of Dominos Lava Cake Recipe
Because Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is a chocolate cake, it’s not the healthiest dessert option. It’s rich in saturated fat from the use of cream cheese and butter and cholesterol from the use of eggs.
However, most of the calories come from carbohydrates, so people watching their weight can enjoy this once in a while.
It also contains moderate amounts of iron and calcium, which can help fight osteoporosis. The dessert is low in carbohydrates, paleo-friendly, and gluten-free, so it’s a perfect choice for anyone on the paleo diet.
What You Can Add to the Chocolate Cake
Since Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is rich, you can add toppings if you desire. You can also serve it with a simple whipped topping made simply by whipping some heavy cream and confectioners sugar together.
This pairs perfectly with the chocolate cake and makes it a sweet treat without overly sugary or heavy.
Is It Healthy For Pregnant Women?
Since Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is so chocolaty, pregnant women may not be healthy. The cake itself isn’t high in protein or calcium, but the toppings have a chance to have more health benefits.
The chocolate chips and chocolate sauce are usually made without refined sugar or gluten, so they shouldn’t cause any problems.
However, if you happen to eat the whole dish and bake it into your belly, it can add up to calories too quickly.
Is It Good For Women Who Are Breastfeeding?
Yes, Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is good for breastfeeding women. It contains moderate amounts of calcium, iron, and other essential vitamins required for breastfeeding.
The cream cheese also helps your body produce breast milk. Remember to watch the calories as it is a deep-dish dessert and can add up quickly.
Is It Good For Men?
Men will enjoy eating Dominos Lava Cake Recipe because of its rich chocolate taste, but they might find it a little too sugary or calorific to eat regularly.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Unfortunately, Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is not gluten-free because it contains cake mix. If you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative, you can use a simple chocolate pudding recipe.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze Dominos Lava Cake Recipe. You can do this with or without the chocolate topping. Just wrap the cake in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag.
You can also put the topping in a freezer bag and put it into the cake. This will save you time if you would rather make one big cake instead of two separate ones.
Where Can I Buy A Dominos Lava Cake?
You can buy Dominos Lava Cake online and in some supermarkets. They are usually made by placing scoops of ice cream in the bottom of the dish and topping it with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or other toppings.
Dominos Lava Cake Recipe is a dessert that will please everyone. It is rich in chocolate, has other health benefits, and is easy to make.
You can even make the cake ahead of time and then place it directly in the oven to serve. You can also freeze the cake to enjoy it later as another idea to use this dessert up.