This recipe for Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe contains a fluffy and delicately sweet cake with a creamy white frosting and fresh coconut flakes mixed throughout.
It doesn’t matter if you make this cake as an addition to your family holiday dinner or just because you’re too lazy to go out to the store; it’ll always be worth the effort.
How to make Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe
- 3 cups of sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon extracts of vanilla, almond, and coconut (See Tips)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes (substitute with regular sprinkles if preferred)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and grease a 9×13 inch cake pan generously with butter or coconut oil spray.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and almond extracts in a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs to the flour mixture one at a time and beat well after each addition. 4. Stir in half of the coconut flakes until completely mixed with the batter.
5. Gently pour the cake batter into the pan and sprinkle with remaining coconut flakes on top of the batter; press lightly into the cake, so they stick in place.
6. Bake cake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
When the cake is made, allow it to cool for about an hour in the pan, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
7. whip the cream cheese and butter together until completely combined and fluffy in a medium bowl. Add the vanilla extract and continue beating.
8. Spread or pipe the frosting over the cake in smooth dollops and garnish with chopped coconut flakes. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Health Benefits of Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe contains a high level of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber is the part of plant foods that your body cannot digest.
Your body cannot absorb the fiber, but it does retain water because of its bulky size. This can help trap toxins and wastes inside your digestive tract and remove them from your body.
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe also has a good amount of protein. Protein is an important nutrient for growing bodies and adults who have muscles and bones to maintain.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Wrap tightly in several layers of plastic wrap, then place in a ziplock bag. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, it’s safe. It contains no ingredients that can harm your baby.
Is Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe A Heart-Healthy Food?
No, it’s not. Although the Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe contains healthy ingredients, such as coconut and cream cheese, it also has other unhealthy ingredients that negate the benefits of these ingredients.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe isn’t good for heart patients because it contains saturated fats from cream cheese and coconut. According to the American Heart Association, saturated fats can raise bad cholesterol levels in your blood.
What Health Problems Can Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe Help Prevent?
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help prevent constipation by adding bulk to stools and softening them.
Is It Healthy?
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe contains coconut, known to be healthy. It’s good for the heart and brain. The cake also includes a small amount of sugar, which isn’t healthy in large amounts.
Is It Gluten-Free?
It’s not recommended that you use it to make a gluten-free baked good, as the cake contains eggs, which are known to have gluten.
Is It Kosher?
No, it’s not. Milk and eggs are both classified as kosher, but they cannot come in contact with anything containing flour, which is an animal-based product.
Is It Organic?
No, Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe isn’t organic because the ingredients used to make it aren’t certified organic.
Is It Low Calorie?
No, it contains 250 calories.
Is It Organic?
This recipe for Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe is not organic because the ingredients aren’t certified organic.
Doan’s Coconut Cake Recipe is a good choice for anyone who wants to eat a tasty cake with a fluffy and moist texture.
Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe easy-to-make dessert is made with ingredients that you can find in your pantry, so you don’t have to go out of your way to make it.
1 thought on “Doan’s Bakery Coconut Cake Recipe: Perfect 8 Nutrition Facts”
What is the recipe for a three layer coconut cream cake?