Divorce Cake Recipe is a long-anticipated divorce made of love and sweetness, without any bitterness within the cake.
The icing is light, fluffy, and full of cream cheese flavor enhanced by vanilla extract, freshly whipped cream, and vanilla rum essence.
A perfect balance for a dessert that feels good inside your stomach but bad in your heart.
How to make Divorce Cake Recipe
- Cake Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Corn Starch – 1 tablespoon
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter, soft – 4 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (11 ounces)
- Cream Cheese – 8 ounces, softened
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons (or the seeds from one v. bean).
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F degree.
2. Line an 8″ cake pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
4. Cream the Butter until light and fluffy using a hand-held or stand mixer. Gradually add the sugar and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the mixture is incorporated into the creamed butter.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and beat again until well combined.
6. Add in a third of your flour mixture, then half of your milk, then another third flour mixture, then the rest of the milk, and finally end with the last third of the flour mixture. Start and stop with flour mixture.
7. Use a spatula to fold the mixture until just combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
8. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of your cake.
10. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
11. While the cake cools, make the icing by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
12. Add in your remaining vanilla extract and beat again until well combined.
13. Gradually add in your sugar, beating well between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the mixture is incorporated into the creamed mixture
14. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream and combine well before adding it to your icing bowl.
15. Add in the vanilla rum essence and beat on high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
16. Once the cake has cooled, add some of your icings onto the top of the cake, spread it around evenly, and sprinkle with some sprinkles if you like before topping with the rest of your icing.
17. Top your chocolate cake with some blue sprinkles or chocolate shavings to make a delicious chocolate cake perfect for any occasion! It will serve about 10 people.
Nutrition facts of Divorce Cake Recipe
Benefits of Divorce Cake Recipe
Divorce Cake Recipe is not only a celebration recipe, but it helps you to feel better about your situation and get yourself on the right track for healing.
Divorce Cake Recipe is made of love and sweetness, which will ease your pain and heal you with warmth, love, and kindness that can never be replaced.
The cake itself is very light in weight and high in fiber content which will help you have a healthier way of eating while removing stress from your life!
Great 6 Serving Ideas of Divorce Cake Recipe
Step 1. Decorate the cake with sprinkles and make it look tasteful.
Step 2. Use different fruits to decorate the cake and top it with apple slices or cherries.
Step 3. Cut a few small holes on the cake to serve as a lid for your Divorce Cake Recipe serving bowl.
Step 4. Make it into a funnel cake by slicing out small circles from the top of your cooled cake.
Step 5. Use it as a cupcake by slicing off the top of your cooled cake.
Step 6. Use it as a chocolate cake by adding a slice of dark chocolate to the top of your cooled cake instead of sprinkles.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze your Divorce Cake Recipe. Make sure that the cake is completely cooled before wrapping the boxed cake with tin foil or plastic, and freeze it in batches for up to one month.
Can I make it ahead?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 1 month.
The cooled cake should be wrapped and frozen within three hours. If stored in the fridge, take out 30 minutes before serving. If stored in the freezer, take out 1 hour before serving.
Is It Healthy?
Divorce Cake Recipe is made of Butter, cream cheese, corn starch, and other ingredients. This recipe has only 236 calories per serving but is very low in fat.
Cream cheese and cake flour provide most of this chocolate cake recipe’s calories with just 30 grams of fat and 5 grams of saturated fat per serving.
When you eat this chocolate cake recipe, you will get lots of fiber from all the fresh fruit used to decorate the cake.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Divorce Cake Recipe is made without flour and gluten, which is suitable for those with gluten allergies or intolerances. If you are allergic to dairy, this recipe is not ideal.
Is It Low Carb?
Divorce Cake Recipe is high in carbs since it contains a lot of sugar and cream cheese. This recipe has 48 grams of carbohydrates per serving, which means that this one is not suitable for low-carb diets since it will raise your blood sugar levels quickly.
Can I Make It Into Cupcakes?
Divorce Cake Recipe can be made into cupcakes. Make small muffin pans with a standard-size cupcake pan, fill the cups with some of your batters, then bake until golden brown. This recipe will serve 12 people and yield 24 cupcakes.
Why Use Divorce Cake Recipe for Divorcing Couples?
Divorce Cake Recipe is made for celebrating marriage and during divorce and other separation situations.
This is a healthy and nutritious way to celebrate marriage and express your pain and sorrow during these times.
It is a time of celebration with love, kindness, and warmth while providing lightness and comfort during these trying times. The divorce Cake Recipe will make you feel happy and positively affect the body.
The Bottom Line
The divorce Cake Recipe is meant to celebrate love, marriage, and separation. It will surely make both you and your partner smile with happiness while eating this delicious cake recipe.
It adds some sweetness to your lives during a time when all you see is hardship ahead. It is a great way to celebrate this special occasion and make it more enjoyable while having fun with your loved ones.
It is not a difficult recipe, but you need to use the steam oven and turn on the timer for 15 minutes and cooking time. If you are not in the mood to make cupcakes, you can use disposable foil pans for this recipe.