Ding dong cake recipe paula deen is an amazingly delicious and moist cake. Unlike other cakes, it does not use butter but instead uses a vegetable oil like corn, canola, or peanut for an amazing cake that is also lower in fat than many other cakes.
This is a versatile recipe and can be made with chocolate, yellow or white batter for different flavors to match any occasion.
It can be made as individual muffin cups, a large cake in an old-fashioned tube pan, a bundt pan, or an angel food cake pan.
How To Make Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen?
Ding dong cakes are amazingly delicious cakes great as desserts or as treats for kids’ lunch boxes. They have a great taste and come with a very good textural combination that makes them one of the best cakes around.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounces) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporate milk
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chocolate pieces
Step-1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees
Step-2. Spray 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, and milk in a large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute (batter will be thick). Stir in oil, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed. Fold in nuts; transfer batter to prepared pan
Step-3. Bake for 30 minutes
Step-4. Meanwhile, microwave evaporated milk for 30 seconds
Step-5. Remove cake from oven and poke top of the cake with a toothpick to allow steam to escape
Step-6. Pour milk mixture over hot cake; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes more
Step-7. Cool completely on wire rack
Step-8. Cut into 12 pieces and serve with whipped topping and chocolate pieces on top.
Nutrition Fact Of Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen
Healthy Benefits Of Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen
1. Easy to digest Appropriate for low carbs and diabetics, often have digestion problems. This cake is easy to digest, making it appropriate for individuals with sensitive stomachs.
2. High fiber: High fiber content helps control blood sugar levels by keeping you full for longer periods. It prevents hypoglycemia, excess weight, and various other chronic diseases.
3. Gluten-free This cake is gluten-free; therefore, it is much easier to digest and absorb in the body and beneficial for individuals with celiac disease.
4. the Richer source of proteins Being a rich source of proteins, this cake helps with muscle building. It is also beneficial for people who want to lose weight or a low-calorie diet.
5. Contains magnesium Magnesium helps relax the muscles and nervous system, which reduces the stress levels in your body. It also helps calm your mind, and thus, you sleep better.
6. Contains vitamin E This cake contains vitamin E. This natural antioxidant helps remove free radicals from the body and thus protects your cells from damage caused by these free radicals. It also keeps your skin healthy, young, and glowing.
7. Gives energy to your brain The presence of carbohydrates in this cake provides power and prevents you from getting tired or exhausted easily during the day.
Can You Freeze It?
You can freeze this cake for up to 3 weeks, allowing it to thaw in the freezer. Remove from the freezer and melt at room temperature or in the microwave.
You can also freeze the muffin cups used while making this cake and then bake them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they are done.
Depending on their size, Frozen Ding dong cakes will take approximately 30 minutes to an hour of baking time.
How To Remove The Cake From The Pan?
Grease the bottom of the pan with a little butter and flour it. Turn the cake out on a wire rack and remove foil. Cool it, frost, and decorate it as desired before serving.
Tips For Making Perfect Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen
1. You can use the cake mix in a large tube pan or large bundt pan.
The top should be golden brown, and the texture should be moist.
2. You may need to bake the cake in your oven for 50-70 minutes instead of 30 minutes. This will depend on how big your pan is. Bake until done as instructed by your recipe.
3. If your cake is getting too brown on the top, you can cover it with foil.
4. Using a bundt pan, you can slice the cake horizontally after removing it from the oven and then fill each slice with the pudding mixture, which will rise to the top but will settle back down once in the deep dish pan.
5. Using a tube pan, you can remove and fill it up with pudding mixture when it’s cooled completely before returning it to the refrigerator and storing it until ready to use again.
6. Before serving, you can decorate the top with whipped cream and chocolate pieces.
Ding dong cake is a very tasty and crunchy cake that can be served with various toppings. You can try the classic chocolate and peanut butter combination or the chocolate and caramel combination.
It is simple to make, and you will love it. This is a great treat for kids and adults who have sweet teeth.