Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe is a cake recipe made with butter and condensed milk. It is a popular dessert sold in many restaurant chains and at different bakeries. It is rich, decadent, and layered with smooth chocolate frosting.
According to their website, the company created Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe in 1957 to celebrate their tenth year of business. The company wanted to create a dessert that would “stand out among all other desserts with this recipe.
It is a cake that has a smooth, rich, and subtle flavor.” The name came from their founder Frisco Louie Delvecchio. This company has expanded internationally, and the butter cake recipe has become a mainstay in many restaurants.
How To prepare Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert that will delight your sweet tooth. It is made with melted butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla extract. The secret to this cake is the creamy chocolate frosting made from butter, condensed milk, cocoa powder, and confectioner’s sugar.
Butter Cake can be prepared and stored for up to one month in the freezer. We have compiled a detailed Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe for you to follow at home.
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated or whole (as desired)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste.
- 1 (14 ounces) can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 7 Tbsp of cocoa powder with 1 tsp of water
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or 2 8 inch or 9-inch pans (pans must be 2 inches deep). Then set aside.
Step 2. Make a batch of Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe by combining 1 cup butter, 3 cups sugar, and 2 ½ cups flour in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add 4 beaten eggs, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, and 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste. Mix until smooth.
Step 3. Pour half of this mixture into the pan and place it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, after 20 minutes, pour the remaining mixture over the first pan.
Step 4. Bake this dish for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. After 45 minutes, please remove it from the oven and cool down completely. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Step 5. When ready to serve, take the butter cake out of the freezer to thaw until it has reached room temperature (about 2 hours). Then let it sit on a rack to cool down. Once it has cooled down, slice by using a sharp knife.
Step 6. On a dinner plate, make the butter frosting by combining 2 sticks of butter, 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar, and 7 Tbsp of cocoa powder with 1 tsp of water. Mix until smooth. Pour this frosting on the slices of cake.
Step 7. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one month. To serve, let it sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving to let the flavors develop more.
Nutrition Fact Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe:
|Calories from Fat||711|
|Total Fat||83.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||56.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||151.4 g|
Best 10 Tips To Make Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe:
1. For a richer taste, make sure to use full-fat butter and not margarine or any substitutes.
2. Make Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe with real butter, not a substitute for margarine or shortening, for instance.
3. The cake is best served at room temperature, so cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit out for 10 minutes before serving it to let the flavors develop more.
4. Crank up the oven to 350 degrees when making Butter Cake. It’s better than using an oven at 200 degrees or lower.
5. Don’t add all of the sugar in the butter batter; leave some out so that it doesn’t become too sweet and prevent moisture from being absorbed by the frosting topping layer.
6. To prepare Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe, make sure to use a 9 x 13-inch pan or a 9-inch cake pan for this recipe and not a standard 8-inch pan.
7. Best results are achieved using quality butter, not margarine or substitutes.
8. The cake is best served at room temperature, so cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit out for 10 minutes before serving it to let the flavors develop more.
9. To prevent the butter cake from becoming too sweet, leave out about 2 cups of sugar while preparing the mixture. You can add another ½ cup of sugar in subsequent layers and top with additional frosting just before serving it to enhance your recipe’s taste.
10. To make a richer tasting cake, make sure to use full-fat butter and not margarine or any substitutes.
Can I Safe To Freeze This Recipe?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe can be frozen. We suggest that you thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
How to Refrigerate this Recipe:
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe can be refrigerated for up to 23 days in an airtight container. The cake is recommended to be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving it to let the flavors develop more. If it is not serving right away, allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving it.
How To Store Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe can be stored in the freezer for up to one month. To freeze it, you need to first thaw it completely before serving. It tastes best when served at room temperature.
Is This Delicious Dish Healthy?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe is a delicious dish high in protein and low in fat. It contains no trans fats, and its ingredients are mostly healthy because they are all-natural and not processed. It’s low in sodium and cholesterol.
Despite the cake’s delightful taste, it is not a healthy meal that you should regularly eat. It is packed with calories and sugar, making it one of the high-calorie desserts in the market today.
Though it contains no trans fats, most of its ingredients are loaded with sugar, so you should only eat this as an occasional delicacy since it is not as healthy as whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
How To Reheat Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe can be reheated in the oven. However, you need to decrease the oven’s temperature to 400 degrees because it can burn easily at higher heat.
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe is a unique delicacy that blends well with other ingredients. It tastes sweet and succulent because it is prepared with a combination of ingredients (sugar, butter, flour, eggs) that gives it the right texture and consistency.
This recipe is time-consuming to prepare, but you can always make great substitutions to speed up the process. Make sure to choose the right cake pan and ingredients of good quality to make a delicious dessert. This recipe is perfect for those with a sweet tooth and who want to enjoy a unique and delightful dessert. Hopefully, you will enjoy this recipe and give it a try soon. Enjoy!