The Curry cocktail recipe is a mixed drink made of allspice dram, orange curacao, cherry brandy, and lemon juice.
This recipe will have a nice flavor, but it is also a light drink. This makes for a good summertime cocktail. The other reason why this recipe is nice is that it can be made in a shaker or with the Cointreau bottle trick.
The Curry cocktail can be made ahead of time and will last at least two days refrigerated. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, making this recipe very convenient to prepare.
How to make a Curry cocktail recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Glass: cocktail glass
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
Ingredients for Curry cocktail recipe:
- 1 2/3 ounce allspice dram (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy (2 teaspoons)
- 2 ounces orange curacao (4 tablespoons)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions for preparing:
1. Mix the allspice dram, cherry brandy, orange curacao, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake for a few seconds until well-mixed.
3. Strain into glasses and serve.
1. If you want to use a larger or smaller quantity of the ingredients, change the portions.
2. Add more allspice dram to your drink for an extra kick.
3. If you don’t have allspice dram at home, you can use 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice.
4. The Curry cocktail recipe can be served with lemon slices or a cherry on top for garnish.
5. The Curry cocktail can also be served over ice cubes, on the rocks, or straight up.
6. In this recipe, you have the option to make an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. Do not add any alcohol to this recipe, and it will still taste the same.
7. This recipe can be served for brunch and breakfast since it is a light beverage.
8. Try to use organic orange juice and organic orange zest.
9. The Curry cocktail recipe is a convenient drink to make when you plan on having guests over for a (potluck) brunch because it is not too complicated and can be made ahead of time.
10. When ready to prepare your drink, heat the orange curacao in the microwave for 20 seconds and then stir until the mixture is well-mixed.
What else can I add to the curry cocktail recipe?
For the curry cocktail recipe to be unique, you can add fresh mint and ginger to it. You can also add a pinch of nutmeg to the curry cocktail recipe.
The other spices you can use include allspice, cardamom, and cloves. If you want to make a double or triple batch, double or triple all ingredients except for the orange curacao and lemon juice.
Nutrition facts of Curry cocktail recipe
The Curry cocktail recipe is a low-calorie and low-fat cocktail. The Curry cocktail is also a very healthy drink because it contains orange juice and lemons.
The curry cocktail recipe contains about 33 grams of sugar per serving. Other interesting information about recipe:
Curry is an alcoholic mixed drink that can be made with a range of liquors like rum, brandy, honey whiskey, lemon vodka, and even Scotch whiskey.
You can make a hot curry by replacing the liquor with hot chicken broth in this recipe.
Health Benefits of Curry cocktail recipe
1. The Curry cocktail is a good source of Vitamin C.
2. The Curry cocktail contains Vitamin B complex and folic acid responsible for energy production.
3. The Curry cocktail recipe has high potassium, pantothenic acid, and niacin, which helps keep the blood vessels dilated.
4. When you drink the Curry cocktail recipe, your body will get all of the essential nutrients to function properly. All ingredients have healthy properties like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
What cocktails go with Indian food?
The Curry cocktail goes well with spicy Indian food. You can also drink the Curry cocktail recipe when eating any cuisine, including Italian, American, and even French.
What cocktail goes with Thai curry?
The Thai Curry beverage goes well with many other cocktails, including the Mai Tai, Champagne Daiquiri, and even a straight-up rum and coke. You can also use a Thai curry soda to make the Curry cocktail recipe.
The Curry cocktail recipe is a nice summertime drink that can be made with a shaker or with the Cointreau bottle trick. You can also make this drink ahead of time, and it will last at least two days in the refrigerator.
For more information about cocktails, have a look at our cocktails article. To see more unique recipes, click here.