Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe is a quick, easy, and cheap meal that kids love. These chicken skewers are a fantastic option for those who are always on a budget and want to feed their family without breaking the bank.
With just 45 minutes of cook time, this recipe is perfect for busy families! This dish would be fantastic as part of an outdoor barbeque or potluck. Serve with fresh-baked bread for an unbeatable meal everyone will love.
What Is Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe?
Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe is an easy recipe for chicken breasts marinated in yogurt or a yogurt sauce and then cooked on skewers. It is usually served with a side of delicious rice. Sometimes curry chicken is served with naan bread or flatbreads.
Marinating the chicken allows the extra flavor to seep into the meat during the cooking process. This makes for a savory dish that will leave your taste buds screaming for more. The chicken is always served with rice as the carbohydrate portion of the dish. We will talk more about this below.
How To Make Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 55
- Minutes Servings: 4
For The Marinade
- 3 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper ground
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- For the Cooking Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt (preferably Greek yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp ketchup For the Rice
- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice (or any other short-grain rice)
Step 1. Make the marinade. In a blender, combine all the ingredients, including the chicken breasts. Blend until smooth.
Step 2. Marinate for 10 minutes in the refrigerator, turning twice during that period. Before serving, add 1 Tbsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to each chicken breast, mix well, and set aside.
Step 3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Step 4. While the oven is preheating, boil some water on the stove or in a microwave-safe bowl.
Step 5. Sprinkle salt over the chicken and then place each of the breasts on metal skewers. Ensure that the metal skewers are not touching each other due to fire hazards.
Step 6. Heat your grill pan (or if you don’t have one, use a regular pan) and cook your chicken over high heat for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until it reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Step 7. Place the cooked chicken skewers onto a platter and serve with rice.
Nutrition Fact Of Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe
What Are The Benefits Of Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe?
When it comes to the nutritional value of curry chicken, the most important thing is to ensure that your dish is not overly spicy. Although the spices used in curried dishes are very good for us, they can cause our bellies to become upset. This recipe is made without spice and could be easily served to a family with children.
This dish’s main benefit is that it contains lean protein, which will keep you fuller for longer. The high protein content will also ensure that your muscles are properly nourished. Your body will thank you for this.
10 Healthy Benefits Of Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe
1. Contains high levels of vitamins and minerals. The ingredients that make up this meal are loaded with nutrients. It is a healthy way to start your day.
2. Protein-rich food signature dishes are a great start for those looking to boost their body’s metabolism and build muscle mass.
3. Has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain in the body and assist in the healing process of any potential injuries you may have sustained during the day.
4. Most Indian dishes contain very little sodium, cholesterol, and fat.
5. As a low-calorie meal, this dish is easier to digest and will keep you full for longer. This will help you control your portions and lose weight.
6. It’s a great meal that’s quick and easy to prepare, so it is perfect for any busy family’s lifestyle.
7. The main ingredient used in this dish is not only healthy but also helps your body fight cancer.
8. It’s low in carbohydrates, which will assist in weight loss and keeping your blood sugar levels balanced.
9. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain in the body and assist in the healing process of any potential injuries you may have sustained during the day.
10. Chicken is a low-calorie meal that’s easy to digest and keeps you full for longer.
Can I freeze It?
Yes. You can freeze this dish after step 3. To freeze, place the chicken onto a plastic bag and store it until frozen. Once it has been frozen, store it in a large-sized plastic freezer bag. This will allow you to store and organize your frozen food easily.
How To Reheat Curry Chicken Skewers Recipe?
You can reheat the chicken in a pan or on the stove. If it is reheated in a pan or on the stove, ensure you do not exceed medium-low heat to avoid burning it.
This dish is sure to be a hit with your family. Using this recipe as an idea, you can get creative and change the ingredients as you like.
Be mindful of the nutrition facts, especially when using ingredients like cayenne pepper, so that you do not make it too spicy for your family. Do let us know if you make any changes to this dish in the comments below.