The Curry chicken pita recipe is a delicious dish with sweet and sour tastes and more flavors. This is a very easy recipe, yet the result is impressive. Many people like to serve this dish as its own meal or eat it with side dishes such as salad and fries.
This recipe for a chicken pita includes curry, green chilies, and cilantro in the filling that goes between the layers of dough.
It is made with simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make and serve. You can just order in an oriental store for the curry paste or buy some curry powder in the supermarket.
How to make the Curry chicken pita recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 6 people [for 1 per person small]
Ingredients for making curry chicken pita recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 green onions, chopped
Step 1: [FOR FRYING CHICKEN]
Take a frying pan and heat with some cooking oil. While the oil is heating, mix half-cup of chicken broth, curry powder, salt, and pepper into the chicken breast. Mix well the mixture.
Put half a cup of mayonnaise, honey, curry powder, and lemon juice in your bowl. Combine until the mixture well combines entirely. After frying them for 5 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked thoroughly.
Step 2: [FOR PIZZA]
Take a bowl and add chicken breast mixture, chopped cilantro, and green onions. Start making the pita pockets by first making one to shape the pocket, then using your fingers to make it into a square shape. Then place the filling between two layers of dough in each pita pocket.
Step 3: [FOR ASSEMBLY]
Arrange the lettuce onto a plate and top with chicken pita, then add some chopped pecans. Glaze with the remaining mayonnaise and serve.
1. You can make it with turkey chicken breast as well. Just replace chicken breast in the recipe with turkey breast.
2. If you prefer to have crunchy pita pockets while frying them, you can fry both sides until crispy.
3. It’s more delicious if basted with honey before serving it.
4. You can make the spicy chicken pita recipe by replacing curry powder with chili powder.
5. You can add green onions to the following ingredients list: 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro coriander mix (cilantro).
6. It’s great to serve it with dijon mustard dip or mayonnaise dip.
Nutrition Facts of Curry chicken pita recipe
- Calories: 583
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 154 mg
- Fat: 38 g
- Sodium: 1227 mg
- Potassium: 537 mg
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Curry chicken pita recipe
1. Curry chicken pita recipe is excellent for losing weight.
2. It’s a great food for stomach pain and digestive issues.
3. Curry chicken pita recipe is good for healthy skin and hair growth.
4. Eating curry helps treat heart diseases and high cholesterol levels and prevents cancer cells from spreading in the body.
5. Chicken breast contains a lot of protein, essential to build muscles and make our body fit. It has fewer calories than other meats [Curry chicken pita recipe].
The main health benefits of curry are its ability to boost our metabolism and improve digestion.
Curry is also good food for indigestion, and it may relax the digestive tract. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that work wonders for joint pain and headaches.
The reason why curry works great for weight loss is that it stimulates the body’s metabolism, controls blood sugar levels, and stabilizes blood pressure.
Can I Freeze the Curry chicken pita recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the curry chicken pita recipe. It is better to freeze this food to maintain its freshness and good taste.
To freeze it, wrap the curry chicken pita in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag. Store the curry chicken pita in your freezer for up to 1 month.
Is the Curry chicken pita recipe good for everybody?
Yes, the recipe with chicken breast and cilantro is good for everybody. However, it’s better for people with chicken allergies to avoid such dishes.
Why is the curry chicken pita recipe good for digestion?
According to health experts, curry is a natural painkiller because it contains many anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants.
That’s why curry is good for treating headaches, stomach aches, and other chronic pains. It also has beneficial properties that help your body flush out toxins and boost your immunity.
Curry chicken pita recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish. It can be served in many different ways, and you can serve it as an appetizer or at a meal with other side dishes on the table.
I hope that you’ll give this recipe a try soon. It will help to make your life easier and better.
If you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail or leave a comment below.