The Curry chicken empanada recipe is easy to make the recipe. This is a recipe that is really satisfying and flavorful. And it also gives a great aroma to your home during the holidays or when you want something different.
It is a meat-filled pastry that originated in Spain. The mix of spices and flavors makes the dish tantalizing to the taste buds. This recipe calls for clarified butter, which has been melted and slowly cooled so that it will not separate as much when used in the cooking process.
The chicken thighs are cooked in the oil, onions are turned in, and then some butter, ginger, and garlic are added over low heat. The chicken is left to cool completely, and then it is shredded finely. This is mixed with curries from the grocer, lime juice, and a sauce of tomatoes, lime juice, and sugar until it becomes an even paste.
The pastry dough is rolled out on a lightly floured board or countertop until it is about one centimeter thick.
How To Make Curry Chicken Empanada Recipe?
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter/Margarine chilled & cubes
- 7-8 tbsps Cold Water
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
Chicken Curry Filling:
- 275 g Fillet Chicken Breast boiled & cubes
- 1 small White Onion diced
- 4 small Green Chillies minced
- 1 med. Carrots diced
- 2 tsp. Magic Sarap
- 2 tbsps Curry Mix (Del Monte)
- 1 tsp. Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 large Potato cubed
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Chicken Stock from boiled chicken breast
- 1 cup Oil for frying & saute
1. Cut the butter into little cubes to make the empanada dough. Place it in a food processor and mix until everything is well blended together. Add the flour and salt and continue processing for another minute or two until everything is well blended. Add the water gradually through the opening in the lid of your food processor and mix with a spoon until all of it is added. The dough will now be very soft, but that’s okay because we will knead it later to get rid of that soft feeling!
2. Remove the dough from the processor, place it in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Allow it to rest, making it much easier to work with.
3. Make 4 equal balls of dough and roll out each until they are about 1/8″-1/4″ thick. Cut each ball in half to make two circles.4. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken curry filling in the center of one of the dough circles, then top it off with about a tablespoon or two of the rice.
4. Fold over and crimp edges using a fork. Repeat until all your filling or dough is used up!
5. Heat oil over medium-high heat and fry your empanadas (about 2 at a time) until golden brown on both sides (lid side too). Serve it warm and ENJOY!
Nutrition Fact Of Curry Chicken Empanada Recipe
- Calories: 938
- Fat: 60 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Fiber: 13.4 g
- Sodium: 4520 mg
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Curry Chicken Empanada Recipe
1. It is a low-fat recipe that is very nutritious and healthy.
2. It is a low-carb recipe that helps you control your carb intake and burn fat.
3. It does not use MSG, which are artificial flavors that can cause allergic reactions.
4. It contains only real ingredients, so it has no allergens or preservatives, which can be a problem for people with certain allergies.
5. It is a filling recipe that helps you manage your meal portions.
Can I Freeze Curry Chicken Empanada Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the curry chicken empanada recipe. To do so, put the object in the freezer until it is frozen solid. Then, wrap the curry chicken empanada recipe with food wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a labeled plastic bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To defrost The curry chicken empanada recipe, leave it in your refrigerator overnight.
Is The Curry Chicken Empanada Recipe Good For Everybody?
Yes, the curry chicken empanada recipe is good for everyone. However, people with certain medical conditions should consult their doctor for approval before using the recipe.
It is also advised to check with your doctor if you are unsure about whether the curry chicken empanada recipe is good for you.
This recipe is prepared using fresh ingredients in the right way. You can adjust the recipe to your liking. You can also try other variations by substituting some of the ingredients, such as chicken breast with white meat or vegetables like green peas.
This is easy to make the recipe. It is good for both lunch and dinner. And it also gives a great aroma to your home during the holidays or when you want something different.
I hope you will try this recipe and let me know how it came out. Enjoy your meal!