The curried meatloaf recipe is a delicious combination of different spices that come together to create the flavor your family will love.
The meatloaf can be served with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a perfect dinner for any day of the week. My curried meatloaf recipe is not only a tasty dinner option, but it also cooks in 20 minutes, making it an easy meal to prepare.
How to make a Curried meatloaf recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs or rolled oats
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, and garlic; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. Add carrots, onion, and beef; mix gently but thoroughly. Press into the prepared pan. Spread egg mixture evenly over meatloaf topping with fingers or knife.
4. Bake meatloaf for 40 minutes.
5. Remove meatloaf from the oven, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Nutrition facts per serving
- Calories: 257
- Fat 9g (Saturated fat 4g)
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 7g
8 Amazing Serving Ideas for Curried meatloaf recipes
1. Stuff meatloaf with mashed potatoes.
2. Serve as a sandwich on rye bread or as a wrap.
3. Use as stuffing for tomatoes and bell peppers and bake them together in the oven.
4. Pile meatloaf between two slices of bread and serve with a side of ketchup for burgers.
5. Add a diced apple to the meatloaf and serve with sweet potato fries as a meal.
6. Serve with roasted veggies such as potatoes and carrots.
7. Make spicy curried rice to go with the curried meatloaf.
8. Make mini meatloaves in muffin tins. They are delicious when topped with ketchup or served open-faced on a slice of bread with a side of chili and some pickles.
Benefits of Curried meatloaf recipe
Here are some benefits of the Curried meatloaf recipe:
1. Meatloaf is classic comfort food that can feed a crowd. The curried meatloaf recipe is simple to prepare, making it easy to prepare for big parties at home.
2. Meatloaf holds well in the freezer. It can be frozen for up to 4 months and pulled out of the freezer for unexpected guests. The curried meatloaf recipe is a great choice for any family meal.
3. The curry powder in this recipe adds a burst of flavor that brings out the natural meat flavor. The meatloaf is so tasty, and it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
4. The meatloaf is a great choice if you have guests coming over who may not eat meat.
The curried meatloaf recipe is not only a tasty dinner option, but it also cooks in 20 minutes, making it an easy meal to prepare.
5. This recipe uses lean ground beef that is full of flavor and healthy fats that give a boost of energy. The curried meatloaf recipe is slow-cooked to tenderize the meat while creating an even level of spice throughout the loaves. The meatloaf is not bland, but it is also not overly spicy.
Why do you add milk to meatloaf?
The milk in the curried meatloaf recipe moistens the meat and helps to make it easier to mix completely throughout the loaf. Milk also adds a little bit of fat and some protein, helping to fuel you as you continue your day.
Adding breadcrumbs or oats helps give the loaves support and structure. White bread is great for absorption of moisture, but whole wheat bread works just as well in this recipe.
What does an egg do to meatloaf?
Eggs in this curried meatloaf recipe serve a few purposes. Eggs add cholesterol and fat to meatloaf. The eggs also help bind the ingredients together, ensuring that your loaf is not crumbly but perfectly compacted.
The egg yolk is a great source of healthy fat and cholesterol, which are important for creating your loaves’ structure.
Is the Curried meatloaf recipe good for everybody?
The Curried meatloaf recipe is a great choice for almost any family meal. If you notice that your loaf is not holding together, add more breadcrumbs or oats. To add even more flavor to this dish, you can also use seasoned breadcrumbs to give your meatloaf a little more zest.
The curried meatloaf recipe is a great choice if you have guests coming over who may not eat meat.
When choosing meatloaf recipes, you have to remember that the most important part of the equation is the breadcrumbs. Make sure that you are using a fresh loaf of bread crumbs, and you will be guaranteed a fantastic result every time.
Try adding seasoned bread crumbs or vegetable broth mix if you want to get even more flavor into your meatloaf. You can also add some additional vegetables to boost the flavor even more. Ground beef is healthy and full of protein, but it can dry if not prepared properly.
I hope that you loved this recipe as much as I did. If you did, please give it a 5-star rating and share it with your friends and family using the social media buttons below. You can also leave a comment down below.