The Curried chips recipe is a quick and easy recipe for spicy, garlicky, and delicious chips. The recipe is extremely simple to make and utilizes ingredients found in any kitchen.
These chips will curb your craving for a salty snack while also satisfying your taste buds with the addictive flavors of curry and cayenne pepper.
This dish is best served as an appetizer or as a side dish to accompany meals such as meats or vegetables.
It is usually enjoyed as a snack, but you could easily serve it as a main meal.
The Curried chips recipe is ideal for kids and picky eaters because everyone will easily digest the dish except for someone allergic to nuts.
The recipe is also easy to make and requires simple ingredients that are easy to find in any kitchen. As an added benefit, this recipe is also quick and easy to make; therefore, it can be prepared quickly anytime and anywhere.
How To Make Curried Chips Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 875 g baking potatoes such as Russet
- 1/2 ActiFry spoon curry powder (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 ActiFry spoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt approx.)
1. Preheat the ActiFry Multi-Cooker: insert the small bowl into the cavity. Make sure that the weight is inserted into the cavity. Pour water into the vessel up to fill the line.
2. Cut potatoes into chip-sized pieces with a knife or a mandolin slicer.
3. Place potatoes in a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, toss to coat, and set aside for one minute to drain excess moisture from potatoes and let dry slightly.
4. Toss potatoes with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
5. Put coated potatoes into the small bowl and cook 10 minutes in ActiFry at 390c (not 400c, or the chips will char).
6. Remove the bowl from ActiFry and place it on a heat resistant surface (e.g., trivet)
7. Using a pair of tongs, carefully remove the chips from the bowl and place them in a large bowl with hot water to wash off any excess oil and salt
8. Drain for 30 seconds and dry in a paper sandwich towel
9. Place the chips on a baking tray in the oven at 140c to dry the surface of the chips.
10. Remove from oven and add curry powder to taste. Drizzle with 2 ActiFry spoons of vegetable oil. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional Facts Of Curried Chips Recipe
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Curried Chips Recipe
1. Curry is one of the best spices in existence. It can boost your immune system while lowering your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
2. Curry powder has been proven to have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help fight cancer cells and protect the heart from disease.
3. Curry powder is rich in Vitamin C that helps strengthen the immune system, and promotes healthy teeth, gums, skin, and bones.
4. Curcumin, the main ingredient in curry, can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease by limiting amyloid plaques’ build-up and protecting neurons from oxidative stress.
5. Curry powder is rich in Vitamin A that makes your skin and immune system strong while also strengthening your bones and teeth.
6. Curry powder has anti-inflammatory properties, which help with arthritis and asthma.
7. Curry powder contains a lot of fiber that helps keep the digestive system healthy while preventing constipation and other digestive diseases.
Can I Freeze Curried Chips Recipe?
The Curried chips recipe should be enjoyed within one day for the best results. After making this recipe, the Curried chips recipe is recommended to be frozen.
This will ensure that your Curried chips recipe stays fresh and free of bacteria and other harmful elements.
To freeze Curried chips, place them on a baking tray in the ActiFry at 27c for an hour before placing them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can freeze for up to 1 year.
Can I Store Curried Chips Recipe?
It is best to store this recipe in a refrigerator, but you can also keep the Curried chips recipe in the freezer.
If you are storing your Curried chips recipe in the freezer, make sure that the container stored in is airtight and frozen solid before storage.
When this dish is stored in a refrigerator, it can be kept for up to 1 week before it begins to go bad. When stored in the freezer, it can be kept for up to 1 year before going bad.
Is It Possible To Overcook The Curried Chips?
The Curried chips can become soggy, but they shouldn’t become hard or rubbery. You will still have a crunchy and crispy chip if you’re following the recipe correctly.
Can I Use Other Types Of Potatoes For Curried Chips Recipe?
Yes, you can use any peeled potato for this recipe. But the cooking time may vary depending on how big they are cut and how many are in the bowl.
The recipe for Curried chips is pretty simple and easy to make. All the family members can enjoy this dish because of its gorgeous colors, textures, and flavors.
The Curried chips recipe is a great alternative for food with high calories or fat content levels. If you wish to try this tasty treat, get started with the Curried chips recipe right away!
If you have any more questions about making the Curried chips recipe or want to share your thoughts on it, leave a comment below your opinion.